[PSP] Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (RPG, Square-Enix)

Japan blog reveals details new for Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days

Don't look now, but new details have emerged for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the DS, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for the PSP. The info was posted by Japanese gaming blog Apocalypse, which in turn based its information on a game mag.

Here are the new details that were unveiled (quoting Kingdom Hearts Insider):

• Birth by Sleep
    • A finisher attack technique called "Shock Lock System" appears.
    • Screenshots of Ven and Terra are shown, but there is no new dialogue.
    • Release date: TBA
  • 358/2 Days
    • Screenshot: Axel saying "How many times do I bring them back?"
    • Screenshot: Namine saying "Surely she is unable to endure it."
    • The members of Organization XIII are assigned missions.
    • Release date: 2008
Admittedly, there's not much other information to go on at this point, especially given that the Apocalypse blog is currently down (as of writing this article at least).

611711200808061031560bilx5.jpg

Novas imagens:

md2p9c.jpg

26278gm.jpg

be9386.jpg

dv474.jpg

O "leaked trailer" que o .DX. postou atrás, mas com uma qualidade ligeiramente melhor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IgDxprn8bk

A parte em que o Terra vê o Sora e Riku a brincarem na praia não sei porquê mas dá-me um "arrepio", algo épico mesmo. Ansioso por ver qual a relação entre eles os dois. O Terra tem tudo para se tornar a minha personagem favorita neste universo :D

Gostava muito de ter combatido contra ele no KHII: Final Mix, mas infelizmente não foi lançado cá :'(

Quando este jogo sair na Europa comprarei uma PSP (ou até antes quem sabe). Não posso perder isto de maneira alguma. Uma pergunta, ligeiramente off-topic, a PSP é region-free?

Pronto é hoje que vou voltar a jogar aos Kingdom Hearts, tenho de me relembrar de certos detalhes da historia :D

O Final Mix tem cenas importantíssimas pelo que li. Estas cutscenes por exemplo, só aparecem nesta versão. Ainda não tive oportunidade de as ver por isso não posso confirmar.

Além do combate contra o Terra que foquei atrás, tem também referências à Aqua. Quanto ao Ven as semelhanças com o Roxas são mais que muitas, e aquele pedido que ele faz no final do trailer da TGS 07 (ao Terra presumo eu), que é - Erase me - pode querer dizer algo. Terá sido assim que o Roxas foi criado, tornando-se no Nobody do Sora? Posso estar a dizer um disparate mas para já é isso que me vem à mente. Estou um bocado fora da história da saga na sua totalidade :S

O Final Mix tem cenas importantíssimas pelo que li. Estas cutscenes por exemplo, só aparecem nesta versão. Ainda não tive oportunidade de as ver por isso não posso confirmar.
E o Kingdom hearts II_ Final mix + têm ainda o remake do chain of memories. E o jogo têm um bocado da história extendida.

pode querer dizer algo. Terá sido assim que o Roxas foi criado, tornando-se no Nobody do Sora?
No 2 senão me engano isso é dito que ele é o nobody de sora.

E o Kingdom hearts II_ Final mix + têm ainda o remake do chain of memories. E o jogo têm um bocado da história extendida.

No 2 senão me engano isso é dito que ele é o nobody de sora.

Pois isso nós sabemos, mas não me lembro se é explicado o aparecimento dos Nobody. No KHII eles andam à procura do seu "lugar", um sítio a que possam pertencer. Já o joguei há alguns anos, por isso é normal que já não me lembre de certos pormenores :S

Entrevista Dengeki - Nomura:

What kind of theme is drawn up in the story of KH Birth by Sleep (BbS below)?

Nomura:
The theme seems to revolves between "connections of the heart" and "fate." When it is played last, the player will understand that the KH story that take place afterwards is one "not of chance, but a story that becomes inevitable." Unlike the tender atmosphere of the older games, this one is serious. Because it is a very sad story, people have asked "how do you manage it?" when involving Disney works. (Smiles) A painful story unfolds. Though KH "isn't that kind of thing", this time we'll try to progress the story in that direction.

Terra, Ventus, and Aqua appear as the main three characters, but what kind of characters are each of them?

Nomura: Terra is the type who makes his goal's his highest priority. But he's not a bad fellow, though his stress on obtaining his goals causes conflict. The story of Ventus seems to feel closer to the ones of KH seen so far. He is able to make friends with the dwellers of the worlds he visits and is the type to blend into a world naturally. Aqua is a serious character, she has a steady mind and often worries about the other two. She is eyewitness to the recent events, therefore she takes that sort of a standpoint.

How does the story of these three advance?

Nomura:
They advance by taking separate actions on the same time axis. For example, when Terra visits a certain world and the other two people have not been there yet. There by naturally the connection to the particular world changes too. Such story development will really be the charm of BbS.

As for the play order of each character, can the player decide?

Nomura: I assume that it's being developed right now. Therefore depending on the order chosen by the player, if they have not played as Terra yet, and they choose Aqua and start visiting worlds with her, they'll understand the actions of Terra early. (Smiles) That might not be what was expected or hoped for, but I think it will be a little interesting.

If all 3 characters come together in the ending, will the entire image of the story become clear?

Nomura: Indeed. For instance, the mysteries of Terra are revealed in Ventus's story. Overall, it'll have this type of composition.

Terra is power based, and the from the demo it's obvious Ventus is based on combo + speed, but what type of character is Aqua?

Nomura: Aqua is special. As for the type, she is magic based, though it is considerably tricky. Fight while rotating like a spinning object, doing cartwheels, that sort of thing. (Smiles)

After grasping the feel of the game play, the combat system seems considerably based on powering up.

Nomura: Seems like it, with locking on to multiple enemies using the Shoot Lock System to attack and customizing the deck of skills. At the demo the deck of skills was already pre set, but in the actual game you'll be able to edit it freely. At first BbS was expected to have a fighting system closest to the older games, but now it seems that KH 358/2 Days is and BbS's system has evolved. The feeling is more like, "you can't fight like Sora with this system," therefore a real taste of managing the keyblade is shown.

Of the stories heard in these three titles, it seems BbS will probably be the last to release, are you thinking about future titles after these?

Nomura: Considering the nature the KH series, I do not intend to end it here. Even as BbS is being made, I am thinking about the future and how it connects. Thus, please continue to support the KH series.

KHInsinder
Birth by Sleep <3 :D

Parece interessantes jogar com os 3 vamos lá ver o que saí daqui.

Sem dúvida, dará muita mais variedade à jogabilidade (ao que parece não será tão "button smasher" como o KH2 felizmente) :)

Por tudo o que já vi e li sobre este jogo, arrisco-me a dizer que será o melhor KH de sempre.

Esta frase - (...)Unlike the tender atmosphere of the older games, this one is serious. Because it is a very sad story(...) - para mim diz muito sobre o tema do jogo (algo que já estava à espera, após ver os 2 trailers disponíveis).

Juntando a isto as personagens (Terra, Ventus e Aqua cativaram-me assim que os vi a 1ª vez), tem tudo o que é preciso.

Só me chateia ter de comprar a PSP para o jogar, mas lá terá que ser. Como ainda demora mais de 1 ano a sair... até lá dá para me precaver.

Vais jogar muito mais que só este jogo.

Acredito que sim. Mas nenhum dos outros me faria comprar a consola, e aqui estou a incluir Portable Ops, Crisis Core, Chains of Olympus, etc..

Além disso duvido que vá gastar 30/40€ num jogo para uma portátil regularmente :\

Mas pronto, posso tentar usar a consola para outras coisas. Não estou muito dentro das suas reais capacidades, mas já li que dá para fazer muito mais que simplesmente jogar :)

Back