[Wii] Developer Support Thread

Tomonobu Itagaki o chefe da Team Ninja fala de novo de jogos na Wii:
CVG: When you see Wii Mortal Kombat or Ubisoft’s Red Steel, for example, does that give you any incentive to bring a Dead or Alive or Ninja Gaiden game to the Wii?

Itagaki:
I haven’t played Mortal Kombat or Red Steel, so I don’t know about those two. However, when I played the Boxing game included in Wii Sports, I thought that it might be interesting to make a fighting game for the Wii.
Fonte: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158838

Dead or Alive Boxing? :p

As coisas tao-se a encaminhar hehe :D , enquanto não acabo o zelda , bem espero por essas preciosas pérolas que tão para sair! O problema é ter carteira para tanto jogo bom :D venham eles!

Última edição:
Possibilidade de um Full Metal Alchemist Wii?

C3: Have you had a chance to work with Nintendo's Wii hardware? If so, what are your thoughts on it? If not, are you eager to work with it?

DD: Yes, I both own one and I am pushing for development on the Nintendo Wii. Like with the Nintendo DS, Nintendo is making good choices in aiming for a more interactive game platform on the Wii. The Nintendo Wii is one of the platforms that fits perfectly with the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise.

C3: Our readers are very eager to know, will we ever see a version of Fullmetal Alchemist on the Wii in the future?

DD: It certainly is a platform that would support many of the anime series' core principles. I personally think a Wii Fullmetal Alchemist game would be a blast, so we'll see where those discussions go in the future.
Fonte: http://www.cubed3.com/news/6985/1/Fullmetal_Alchemist_on_Nintendo_Wii,_DS_Game_Discussed_&_More

EDIT: Parece que a EA mostrou software novo para a Wii ontem à noite (exclusivo para a plataforma) mas parece que obrigaram os convidados a assinar NDA's por isso está tudo em blackout até ao embargo ser levantado. :)

Steven Spielberg a trabalhar num jogo para a Wii :wow:

Spielberg Working On Wii Game

During the course of a chat with GameDaily.biz EA Los Angeles VP and General Manager Neil Young has revealed that at least one of the three projects the Spielberg is working with EA on will be created for the Wii.

"We have things we haven't really talked about but are, uh, they have a broad appeal in their nature," said Young. "I can't really share any game details, but recall our original announcements was for three projects. Well, two of those are underway right now in the studio."

He reveals that project "is something Lou Castle is producing, one of the great producers in this industry, and that's one of the products we're building for the Wii." It's all "very exciting and interesting..." he concluded
Fonte: http://darkzero.co.uk/v4/games/news/11948/wii-spielberg-working-on-wii-game

AA.jpg

... oxalá não seja o ET da Atari para a Virtual console :-D

In a GDC 2007 lecture, Head of Capcom Production Studio 2 Keiji Inafune discussed the troubles in porting some of Capcom's next-gen engines to Wii and if he'd be willing to develop mature titles for the system.

When asked if the engines for Xbox 360's Lost Planet: Extreme Condition and Dead Rising would be used for projects on other platforms, Inafune stated that the engines has been optimized for multiplatform usage, but that they wouldn't work on Wii. Instead, the developer is looking to utilize the Resident Evil 4 engine for some Wii projects.

Inafune mentioned that although there's an industry trend towards photorealism in video games, he's still interested in creating franchises with iconic mascots like Mega Man, and that Wii would be a suitable platform for such titles. According to Inafune, Capcom is planning an announcement in the near future regarding a potential new franchise, though did not state if it will pertain to Wii.

The Wiire asked if titles like mature games like Dead Rising and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition would be suitable for Wii and if Capcom is interested in appealing to the Wii owners who desire mature titles. Inafune said all the next-generation systems will all see their share of mature projects, and that Nintendo's new attitude as of late, different from the one exuded throughout much of GameCube's lifespan, allows a better opportunity to develop mature games on Wii - Resident Evil 4 being a notable example.

Inafune, who joined Capcom 20 years ago, is credited with creating the Mega Man, Dead Rising and Onimusha franchises. He also helped develop Resident Evil 2 and 4, and served as director for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. He is currently developing an unnamed Wii game.
Fonte: http://thewiire.com/news/657/1/Capcom_Studio_Head_Talks_Mature_Titles_Reusing_Engines

Última edição:
Harry Potter Wii

"
Here is one of the latest rumors to come out of GDC:
The real NDA breaking rumor has EA working on a Harry Potter game using the mic in conjunction with gestures to cast spells. Now that's the type of Wii title we're talking about! "Wingardium Leviosah" FTW! Sadly, those who attended the EA Wii event on Wednesday signed NDAs -- so there's a lot of people out there sitting on information they can't confirm, deny or share with their readers."

Fonte:http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/11/rumor-the-wii-mic-and-harry-potter-will-use-it/

É apenas um rumor mas seria no minimo interessante :) já me estou a ver a abanar a varinha mágica (aka Wii-mote) e a gritar Expelliarmus.

Última edição:
bem, isto não tem a ver com jogos, mas sim com o online:

"LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GameSpy, a unit of Fox Interactive Media, announced today that it will provide multiplayer technology to game publishers developing titles for Nintendo’s Wii™ video game system. As part of an ongoing partnership with Nintendo, GameSpy has developed middleware technology to enable Wii titles to offer community features, such as friend rosters, advanced matchmaking capabilities and comprehensive rankings data."

Mais info:
http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20070313005397&newsLang=en

Alone in the Dark developers supporting the Wii!

A European third-party developer, EDEN Games has posted up a job posting asking for Wii programmers. EDEN Games is currently working on Alone in the Dark, an adventure title that won a Best Adventure Game award back at E3 last year (from Team Xbox). They have also worked on Test Drive Unlimited for the Xbox 360. Could we see a port of Alone in the Dark? It would be great now wouldn’t it!

Click here for Link
Fonte: http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=4558; http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/ViewJob.asp?JobID=EUZYGQAfjdTukB1xV74V7LC4EJ8&Keywords=Wii

Wild Arms Developer Working With Wii
New project from the makers of Sony's big western RPG series.

March 29, 2007 - A new job listing at Japan's E-Career recruiting site makes mention of the start of a new Wii project. And the poster of the job listing? None other than Media Vision, creators of Sony's Wild Arms series.

According to the listing, Media Vision is seeking programmers for both the start of a new Wii project and for general mobile game development. The site doesn't provide any information on the new Wii game, but it does make heavy mention of the developer's success with the Wild Arms series.
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777071p1.html

Media Vision é a Empresa que fez o Wild Arms e desde a sua fundação em 1993 nunca desenvolveu nenhum titulo para plataformas Nintendo, único titulo deles que não foi feito para consolas Playstation foi o Sneakers da Xbox.

NIS America hints at Wii/NDS

During a presentation on NIS America's new RosenQueen Company online store, a company executive strongly hinted that Nippon Ichi is moving into Wii and Nintendo DS development. "I've heard rumors--just rumors!--that NIS is preparing DS and Wii contracts," the exec laughed. The point was further solidified by the multiple Wii and DS accessories the company now sells online.
Fonte: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46356

A ser verdade (tudo indica que sim)... Temos uma das developers mais fieis da Sony a Nippon Ichi Software, responsável por jogos como Disgaea e La Pucelle a deixar de ser exclusiva. Desde a sua fundação em 1994 nunca desenvolveram um titulo para uma consola não Sony, como aliás se pode constatar como ao fim de, quase 3 anos de mercado da DS ainda não tinham pedido licença para desenvolver jogos para ela.

As coisas estão a mudar, parece. :)

Última edição:
Marvelous Interactive a confirmado que próximamente llegarán a Wii y a Nintendo DS 4 nuevos RPG originales, de estos 4 nuevos juegos solo se conocen los nombres clave de 2 de ellos, estos son Project Ray y Proyect Salamander, a continuación os dejamos mas detalles...
Proyect Salamander estará bajo la dirección de Kazuya Niinou, director general de Trauma Center para Nintendo DS, por otro lado, Project Ray contará con Hiroyuki Kanemaru, director de los niveles y escenarios de Tales of Symphonia para Nintendo GameCube. De momento no se tiene más información sobre los demás proyectos, os mantendremos informados.

http://todowii.com/wii-y-nintendo-ds-recibirn-4-nuevos-rpgs-noticia-904.html

Última edição:
Samba de Amigo Wii?

Come this Friday, I’ve got intriguing news on a couple SEGA-related developments… for Wii. Think NiGHTS was the only retro-game by SEGA coming back to life? Think again. Come Friday and find out what could be one of the biggest no-brainers in retuning franchises to Wii.

Let’s just say that DK: Bongo Blast probably won’t be the only Wii game you’ll be shaking beats to this year.
Source: http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=226

All Signs Point To Yes: Another Beloved SEGA Franchise Coming To Wii

A lot of people have been paying attention to my blog, which really makes me happy. So, let me initially say that everyone shouldn’t be disappointed about what the following exclusive report contains.

Talking with yet another one of my “Rumor Reporter” sources who has ties close to such a project, I was basically told that NiGHTS isn’t the only old-school release that Wii was going to see. After a short mentioning of “music being in the air,” I quickly had thoughts of the obvious Wii Music title that all gamers were waiting for. Would it be downloadable? Would it be a new Wii channel?

Obviously, that’s not what they meant. This source told me that SEGA is really trying to reinvent things and pushing to get back on track, especially following the bad press on Sonic and the disappointing sales of Virtua Fighter 5. Taking immediate measures, SEGA’s looking at their catalog to see what people want. A game that would be welcomed with open arms.

Does everyone remember the poll that SEGA.com had recently asking gamers which old franchise they’d like to return? I was pointed to this old poll, in which Virtua Cop and NiGHTS (which eventually came true) were some of the franchises listed. And there it was, right next to Streets of Rage on the poll. Samba de Amigo.

The next day, meeting up with the source himself/herself, I mentioned the games. And the possibilities. Referring to the maracas, rhythm-game (which first appeared in the arcades, then the SEGA Dreamcast), I was met with a smile:

No comment, but that game sure would hit the Wii demographic wouldn’t it?”, my source snickered with a wink.

If you were expecting video or screenshots of the game, which I believe is a totally new game, not a re-make or the old game on the VC, you’re sadly mistaken. But, I’ll leave the topic at hand for now. Besides, this source hasn’t been wrong on two past occasions. As for Virtua Cop and Streets of Rage, I wouldn’t be surprised if they came too. Maybe SEGA’s poll was to prioritize what the gamers wanted most in the first place?

Look forward to it. Samba de Amigo on Wii. There’s no doubt that such a musical game would bolster Wii’s legitimacy in the music-game genre, and re-establish SEGA’s commitment to ultimately pleasing its most loyal fans.
Fonte: http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=227

Novo estúdio, Jet Black Games:

EA Canada Vets Form Nintendo-Focused Studio

EA Canada Vets Form Nintendo-Focused Studio A number of veterans of Electronic Arts Canada have announced the formation of a new development studio named Jet Black Games, which will focus on developing original and licensed intellectual properties for the Nintendo DS and Wii.

The new studio will be based in Vancouver, with employees having experience in five different Need for Speed titles, five different FIFA Soccer games and three separate James Bond titles. Initial games will use the studio’s propriety Jet Black Engine.

The studio has also strategically aligned itself with business management firm Flashman Studios, which specializes in representing developers, intellectual properties and game services companies in the video games industry. Although no specific titles have yet been announced, the alliance with Flashman Studios implies that many of the initial titles will use already established intellectual properties.

“With the launch of our new studio we’ve brought together all the key elements to develop top games: proven experience and talent, the desire to push the creative envelope, commitment to making games we ourselves want to play, and all the resources and support systems needed to perform,” states Roger Freddi, co-founder and CEO of Jet Black.

"Both the Nintendo DS and Wii’s Wi-Fi capabilities provide an advanced medium for Jet Black to bring already popular franchises to an even broader worldwide audience.” Freddi adds, "These recognized licensed properties serve to ensure that Jet Black is a name to affiliate with Nintendo games, and nicely complement the original IP on which we’re working."

Entrevista Jet Black Games:
“I was motivated by Mr. Satoru Iwata’s keynote speech at GDC 2005. While referring to the Nintendo Revolution he said: “just like Nintendo DS, it’s a place where the best ideas – not the biggest budgets – will win.” Clearly, Nintendo was paving the way for smaller independent studios, like our own, to help revitalize the industry. With game team sizes at the time already easily exceeding 100 or even 200 people, it seemed like this might be the last opportunity to work in a smaller, more creative environment… given our company’s values and goals, it was natural that we align ourselves with Nintendo.

“It’s harder to focus on gameplay when you’re building engines and pipelines for four or more platforms, and the overhead associated with the larger studios focused on all platforms means that we’re able to build games for DS and Wii at a lower cost. Nintendo makes it easy for us as developers to engineer our core infrastructures so we can focus most of the hardware lifecycle on what’s most important – the actual gameplay.”

But what is the company looking to do? Jet Black's boss explains: “Our goals at Jet Black Games are threefold. Develop our own original IP, help publishers bring their IP to market, and leverage the already popular IP represented by Flashman Studios.”- Roger Freddi
Fonte: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=13598

Monster Madness na Wii?
Eurogamer: Will we see Monster Madness on PS3 or Wii?

Jeremy Stieglitz: We would love to bring Monster Madness to other platforms. We’re definitely looking into possible PS3 and Wii versions, but I can’t say anything definite just yet.
Fonte: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=75481

Entrevista com a Hudson:

NP: Particularly since E3, many publishers and developers have shifted their resources to increase support for the DS and Wii. You’ve already released a couple of Wii titles, and also developed Mario Party 8, which will be published by Nintendo next month, so you’ve clearly been working with the console on multiple projects for quite some time. Does Hudson seem to have more of a focus on Wii than other platforms, or is support spread pretty evenly across the competitors?

Lee:
Yes, we have been on board the Wii and DS bandwagon right from the start. We loved these systems because they shifted focus away from the typical gaming experience and introduced new ways of having fun. You’ll see us continue to support both these platforms over the next many years, more than most other platforms. Some of the new games we have in development are pretty darn cool. Wish I could talk about them!
Fonte: http://www.nintendoplayers.com/feature.php?featureID=29

Última edição:
Nintendo purchases Monolith Soft!

With all these Microsoft purchases such as the recent acquisition of Lionhead, it’s great to see Nintendo entering the game as they have recently made a deal to acquire Monolith Soft (majority ownership) and it has been announced that a transfer of ownership will be held on May 1st. Monolith is best known for the Xenosaga trilogy on the Playstation 2 and the Baten Kaitos series on Gamecube. Although Namco-Bandai will have a 16% stake, Nintendo’s 80% ownership will likely place Monolith as an exclusive developer for Nintendo.
JoWood announces Wii support!

PC games publisher JoWood, popular for games like Painkiller and Gothic has announced that it will be supporting the Wii and plans a number of titles for the platform to be released in the latter part of 2008 and into 2009.

Gas Powered Games supporting the Wii!

Gas Powered Games has confirmed that the company has current Wii projects in the works. The company also believes that within the next 18-24 months, the Wii will overtake the 360/PS3 in market share.
É bom ver que cada vez há mais suporte por parte das editoras...:)

Vou renomear esta thread para Support Thread em vez de *possible*, dado que hoje em dia temos mais empresas a anunciar estarem a trabalhar com a dita cuja do que a dizerem que estão a pensar, e em ultima analise support thread engloba todos

Quanto à Monolith... :D eu acho que merece um tópico, dada a aquisição que foi, temos uma Second Party nova.

Realmente é melhor tirar o *possible* :-D

Mais uma:

Recently we heard of Call of Duty 4 in development by Infinity Ward and Activision. Infinity Ward is a subsidiary of Activision and is popular for bringing the first two Call of Duty titles to the PC and also the award winning COD2 on the 360. Interestingly enough, Infinity Ward’s description states the following:
“A talented team, an exciting work environment, and competitive compensation await those people who are interested in creating cutting edge games on both the PC and all of the new next-generation console platforms.”
The job posting also has Wii, 360 and PS3 listed down under categories. Does this mean that that Infinity Ward is bringing COD4 to the Wii? We’ll just have to wait and see!

Ready 2 Rumble Wii: (press release)

Ready 2 Rumble “for Nintendo Wii is the first product of a co-operation put on on a long-term basis

Darmstadt, 25 April 2007 - as exclusive development and marketing partners of the ASIA GAMES & MEDIA PRIVATE EQUITY FIND PSE. Ltd. became the 10TACLE of STUDIOS PSE. Ltd., which in Singapore resident subsidiary company of the 10TACLE of STUDIOS AG, which development of „ready assigns 2 Rumble “for Nintendo Wii. For the 10TACLE of STUDIOS and the fund administered in Singapore this is the first realized project in the last year admits given co-operation. The conversion of co-operation and the transfer of the successful fund model from Europe to Asia preceded thereby substantially faster than planned of both parties first. The 10TACLE of STUDIOS takes over the complete project management and the international marketing for the assigned titles and participates to large extent at later proceeds.
Fonte: http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

EA anuncia NBA Live 2008 para a Wii:
EA did not announce a complete list of platforms for NBA Live 08, but it did say the game will arrive on the PlayStation 3 and Wii for the first time. The game is currently in development at EA Canada.
Fonte: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169887.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

Conspiracy's Counter Force

The Entertainment Software Ratings Board's official website has added a previously unknown Wii project to its official release list. The game is called Counter Force, it's being published by Conspiracy Entertainment, and it received an E+10 rating from the ESRB due to "violence," according to the website. The ESRB, which is given access to software prior to its release in order to accurately rate it, has in recent months become notorious for inadvertently lifting the curtain on forthcoming games when it updates its official website's release list.
We placed calls to Conspiracy Entertainment for clarification, but the company did not return our queries in time for publish. Look forward to more on the project as information becomes available.

fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/785/785161p1.html

RUMOR - Soul Calibur adventure coming to the Wii?

“There used to be this fighting franchise that came to GameCube, coming to Wii but it won’t be a fighting game anymore. Now its going to be some kind of crazy-ass adventure game.” (He hints that there) “was one fighting game that sold pretty well that was from a 3rd party. I’m sure you can figure out what it was.”
Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/785/785870p1.html

Ermm... jogo de pancada third party que vendeu muito bem na GC? Soul Calibur?

Soul Calibur Adventure Wii? 8|

Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/785/785870p1.html

Ermm... jogo de pancada third party que vendeu muito bem na GC? Soul Calibur?

Soul Calibur Adventure Wii? 8|

Pode muito bem também ser o Naruto não? Se juntares as vendas que ele fez só na América e no Japão, também vendeu consideravelmente bem. Mas talvez o mais provável é ser mais uma daqueles noticias para criar hype (ainda por cima vindo de quem vem...):rolleyes:
Espero estar enganado:)

Back