Gráfica R700 @ HD4870x2

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.
Parece que o Directx 11 foi anunciado. Estão para breve novidades. Não é de admirar que os preços dos GPUs actuais baixem abruptamente.

Ok, I found a new game where 3870 X2 shows very bad microstuttering and it is Race Driver: GRID.

I was checking my benchmark results for R700 preview I'm working on and noticed avg FPS was very bad with 3870 X2. So I immediately applied my previous testing methods using Fraps to log frametimes and analyzed results with Excel:

3870 X2 shows similar behavior in Race Driver: GRID than I noticed in Crysis but it seems to be even worse. In Crysis 3870 X2 rendered every other frame after ~21,5 ms and every other after ~49,5 ms. In Race Driver: GRID 3870 X2 rendered every other frame after ~24,9..27 ms and every other frame after ~40,2..42,4 ms.

I repeated the test with R700 and it showed again very stable rendering times between every frame: ~15,3 - 17,6 ms.

I'll continue and test Race Driver: GRID with 4870 CF and 9800 GX2. I've also asked about this issue from AMD and hoping to get some of my questions answered in the beginning of next week.

I have also noticed a lot of people are very skeptical about my tests. I don't claim to be an expert in this case and all these results are based on my own tests with simple tools and methods. I'm not even 100% sure if this issue with 3870 X2 in Crysis and Race Driver: GRID is actually microstuttering, lag or some other problem. I asked AMD about this and hopefully get an answer.

I have to return this sample tomorrow but imho I've deserved couple more from AMD ;)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3138116#post3138116

A R700 parece esta muito melhor que a HD 3870X2 com frame rates muito mais estaveis.

A nova king of the hill single card:

ATI R700 Preview

cod1920.jpg

cod2560.jpg

wic1920.jpg

wic2560.jpg

hl21920.jpg

hl22560.jpg

crysis.jpg

Conclusion

It seems like for the first time in quite a while ATI/AMD are determined to put some real pressure on Nvidia at the high end of the graphics market. In our limited testing it was clear to us that ATI have a product which is able to outperform the GTX 280, on occasion by quite some way. It is not completely dominant however and as games like Crysis show the GTX is still capable of achieving higher framerates than the R700. It should also be taken into account that the R700 relies on the driver to ensure both GPU’s are fully utilised where as the GTX always performs at its maximum level.

We were also quite surprised to see that the drivers available for the R700 are quite mature, far more so than the versions available to us at the time of the 3870 X2 launch. Other than a bug which affected Race Driver Grid we were able to complete the testing of our full review suite without issue. (NOTE: ATI limited us to the inclusion of four games in this preview. In total eleven were tested behind the scenes.)

Really the only disappointment with the R700 at the moment is that we are still a few weeks away from it being available to buy. When it does launch we can expect better voltage control, improved drivers and a number of factory overclocked models which will further enhance performance. If ATI can deliver the product at a price which compares well with the GTX 280, which recently dropped as low as £300, then we have a very interesting couple of months ahead of us.
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=588&pageid=1

Nice to see higher min FPS on the R700.

Also, for those wanting to compare to the GTX 280, do take note they're using an XFX XXX edition which is clocked significantly higher (670 core / 1458 shader / 2500 mem) than the standard cards (602 core / 1296 shader / 2214 mem). They're also using Cat 8.6 drivers.

Última edição:
A tal competitividade que nos favorece! bem pelas previews parece bombastica e com grande parte dos problemas que se paxaram nas HD3870X2 resolvidos :)

como disseram ai na citaçao do dj papa o mal dessa grafica é mesmo o facto de ainda faltar umas semaninhas para estar disponivel para compra! tou ancioso para ver reviews oficiais dela e tambe curioso de saber o preço de ambas as series ( a mais barata e a mais cara )!

cumps

ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 - R700 Preview: AMD's Fastest Single Card

Link: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3354

Building a Better CrossFire

When AMD began talking about no longer building high end hardware using single monolithic GPUs a few weeks back, we let them know that improving CrossFire support would be incredibly important going forward. AMD told us that they are putting a lot into that but also that they have some exciting technology up their sleeves with R700 to help out as well. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten as much detailed information on how it works, but the new technology is GPU to GPU communication.
Until now, CrossFire has done zero GPU to GPU or framebuffer to framebuffer communication. As with the first iteration, each card fully renders the parts of the screen for which it is responsible (be it a whole frame in AFR, the top or bottom half of a screen, or alternating tiles). These results are sent to a combiner where the digital signals are merged and output to the screen. This is the only communication that takes place in CrossFire at the moment. R700 will change that by allowing GPUs to communicate.
hub.png

RV770 has a CrossFire X Sideport...we assume that the two RV770s on a single R700 board somehow connect Sideports and make fast. AMD hasn't told us how yet.​
It is not clear how extensive this communication will be, what information will be shared, or how much bandwidth requirements are increased because of this feature. And while it is a step in the right direction, the holy grail of single-card multi-GPU solutions will be a shared framebuffer. Currently both GPUs need a copy of all textures, geometry, etc., and this is a huge waste of resources. While the R700 has 1GB of RAM on board, it will still be limited in many of the same ways a 512MB card would be limited because this is the amount of memory available to each GPU.

Cumps

4870x2 Review - HEXUS

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=14178

Final thoughts

The following conclusion is based entirely on an early engineering sample. In particular, we expect the power-draw figure to be reduced on shipping models.

ATI knows that the ultra-high-end segment, characterised bygraphics cards selling for £300+, is a minute portion of the market, but such is the halo-esque effect of having the top-dog card that it's worth pursuing.

Released later on this month in retail form from a range of partners, the Radeon HD 4870 X2 will become the fastest graphics card of all, but that's a statement laden with pragmatic provisos.

The method by which ATI empowers the HD 4870 X2 is by stitching two Radeon HD 4870s together, complete with per-GPU 512MiB frame-buffers composed of super-fast GDDR5 memory. This twin-GPU recipe, used recently on the Radeon HD 3870 X2, is the only method of overhauling single-GPU GeForce GTX 280 dominance, as evinced in our suite of benchmarks.

Using twin GPUs leads to various foibles: overall performance is predicated on just how good the drivers are able to leverage rendering on GPUs in turn, and this runs from anywhere between 30 per cent to 95 per cent above a single-GPU's. The potential scaling problem can be exacerbated if CrossFire profiles don't exist for certain games, leading to derisory performance. Then there's the power-draw figure, which is some 100W higher than any other card's, and keeping both GPUs cool requires a huge heatsink with a loud fan.

The Radeon HD 4870 X2 is as inelgant as it is powerful. Yes, it's the fastest board of them all, but such is the base performance of the £179 Radeon HD 4870 and £219 GeForce GTX 260, that X2 only comes into its own if you're consistently playing at resolutions of 1,920x1,200 and above.

£349 is going to buy you frame-rate heaven in the form of the Radeon HD 4870 X2, and, of course, it's a fundamentally niche product, populating the £300+ market. We're just nonplussed by the obvious way it goes about it, via internal CrossFire and a loud cooler. We'd rather opt for two Radeon HD 4870s and place them on an Intel or AMD chipset - they'll give you the same performance, for similar money, but offer quieter cooling and a wider range of display options. CrossFire is CrossFire, after all.

Ja vi ai previews de resoluçoes 1920x1200 e 2560x1600 muito boas mesmo!
Se encontrarem previews de resolluçoes 1600x1050 era bom :) já é uma resoluçao mais acecivel de conseguir-se em termos "€".

cumps

bem, por estas primeiras Previews, a X2 deixa água na boca... e se o preço anunciado for mesmo os 449$ então vai ser mais barata ainda que a GTX280 (499$ após descida do preço)... parece que vou trocar a HD2600XT... ;)

Ja vi ai previews de resoluçoes 1920x1200 e 2560x1600 muito boas mesmo!
Se encontrarem previews de resolluçoes 1600x1050 era bom :) já é uma resoluçao mais acecivel de conseguir-se em termos "€".

cumps

Acho que para 1680X1050 não vale a pena comprar a 4870X2, pelo menos não para já porque nenhum jogo (tirando o Crysis) puxa mais nessa resolução que o necessário e que outras não puxem. A 4870 já faz tudo o que é preciso até 1680X1050.

A partir de 1920X1200 (24") sim, já vale bem a pena. Aliás, acho que o sweet spot para essa placa deve mesmo ser essa resolução.

em principio sairá mais barata devido aos sucessivos price cuts da nvidia porque se a gtx280 estiver mais barata acaba por não compensar muito investir numa destas, single card tem sempre mais vantagens.

é esperar para ver e ainda nem sequer há drivers oficiais para ela portanto os resultados serão sempre melhores daqui para a frente.

cump

Bem, que besta. E nem há drivers oficiais!

Agora também esperem uma autentica bomba em termos de watts e amperes! :wow:

Acho que para 1680X1050 não vale a pena comprar a 4870X2, pelo menos não para já porque nenhum jogo (tirando o Crysis) puxa mais nessa resolução que o necessário e que outras não puxem. A 4870 já faz tudo o que é preciso até 1680X1050.

A partir de 1920X1200 (24") sim, já vale bem a pena. Aliás, acho que o sweet spot para essa placa deve mesmo ser essa resolução.

Sim eu sei disso! mas vou ter um Lcd de resoluçao 1900x1600 na sala! por isso fica ja equipado!

em termos de Wats ja li por ai que requer pelo menos 650W!
consome bem essa bruta

penso que uma corsair TX 750W seja suficiente nao acham?

cumps

Status
Fechado a novas mensagens.
Back