Wii No More Heroes (Grasshopper)

Gostei do aspecto do jogo, mostra claramente que temos mesmo um projecto do Suda 51 em mãos.

Venha ele :D

E o "Coming Soon" no fim do trailer?... How soon?

Entrevista:
For one of our final Game Developers Conference 2007 stories, we had a chance to talk to renegade developer Goichi Suda -- best known for Killer 7 and the upcoming No More Heroes -- before his speech titled "Punk's Not Dead," and we got our hands on a copy of the new No More Heroes trailer from that presentation.

The topic of Suda's speech is how he doesn't like seeing games that all seem similar. "Currently there are too many of the same styles of games hitting the market," he says. "If we continue at this pace, I'm worried that game 'culture' will die out. So with that in mind, I'm going to talk about the games I've made in order to reverse this trend. Killer 7 will be one of my main topics."

Taking that one step further, he says, "The industry needs independent games with small budgets. The industry needs to foster an environment where independent game developers can make games that don't cost so much to make that they threaten the developer's very existence. I'm 39 years old now. In Japan now there are no young, 20-something year old stars in our industry -- that worries me."

But enough about the speech -- we're here to show off the new No More Heroes trailer, which presents far and away the clearest example yet of how the game plays. For those who haven't been following the game closely, it looks a lot like Suda's previous game Killer 7, but takes on a much more action oriented gameplay approach.

So what are those actions? "The basic slash is on the A button on the Wii Remote, and you can do a finishing slash by actually doing a slash motion with the Wii Remote, and there goes the enemy's head," he says. "By holding down the B button and combining that with a motion, you can do a number of cool wrestling moves."
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3157920

Chattin' With Goichi Suda About Punks, Killer7 & No More Heroes

His address on day one of the conference was all about what makes him a punk designer, so I ask him why he thinks so few other developers adopt a similar strategy. "When you're making games, it's very important to have the funds to make the game", he says. "So in order to get approval from your publisher, you have to be able to convince them that your game will be successful, which means you need to make your game more 'safe'".

"So making games in a 'punk style' has a lot more risk", he continues. "It is a lot more difficult and poses a lot of challenges to designers, so maybe that's why not many other developers do it". In other words, just like punk, most people aren't fans of the end product.

Yet, just like punk, while the mass-market might shun him, he's developed a cult following, including here in the west. I ask him why he thinks this is. "I've been watching western movies and listening to western music since I was little, so I think I'm really used to western culture", he says.

"Before I got into making games I was always looking for something to do, that I believed in, that I could make for the western market", Suda continues. "That's where a lot of my original ideas are coming from, and once I was fortunate enough to be able to make Killer7, from the beginning I wanted to release the game overseas and give westerners something I felt they were looking for".

"I also wanted to give them something that made them feel "oh, this is great", or "oh, this is very different from other western games", he says. "I think maybe that's why some westerners like my ideas and my games".

Another reason, I point out, is because your last two games were on Nintendo systems, as is your next one. Why the love? "The Wii, and also the DS, are both quite 'different' devices at their core", he says. "So if a game developer has a very strict, safe idea of how to make a game, that makes it difficult for him, because what Nintendo are doing is totally new and fresh".

"So I first have to destroy the way I'm thinking about how to make a game, then rebuild the game as I can see it working on the system", he continues. "That's what I find really interesting about making a game for the Wii".

I point out that, for all their artistic vision, Killer7 and Contact had their fair share of flaws. So do you ever look back on your games with a critical eye? "I don't really think about looking back on my past games", he says. "Oh, except the PS2 version of Killer7. Some 'other company' ported the game to PS2, and I like working on all my games myself, so that's the only thing I wish I could change".

But surely you learn a lesson or two from how a game is received? I mean, Killer7 had a lot of fans, but most people either didn't understand, or straight-up hated the game. "Well, it's not just Killer7, people seem to either love or hate most of my games, there's nobody in between!" he says.

"So I kind of expected that reaction. As for learning a lesson, I didn't really 'learn' anything for No More Heroes because it's a different kind of game, but maybe looking at how the western market reacted to Killer7 will help for the game we release after No More Heroes".

Ah, No More Heroes. This writer, at least, is a little bit excited. So when's it coming? During your address, a June-July release date was mentioned. "I'm looking at releasing the game in Japan sometime this year", he says, "and hopefully either at the end of this year or early next year in Europe and the United States". Ah. Translator error, then. Shame.

Reminding him that he's on record as saying No More Heroes will be "as violent, or even more violent than Manhunt 2!", I ask whether the issue of censorship is troubling him. If it's ultra-violent, won't that run the risk of it being banned in places like Germany or Australia?

"Well, Japan has a strict ratings system too, just like Australia and Germany", Suda says. "I'm working on making changes to different versions of the game so that we can release the game everywhere". No word on just what these changes were, sadly, but Germans might want to start thinking about importing anyway.

With the recent turmoil at Capcom over the whole Clover fiasco and the formation of Seeds, I figure I'll ask if we can expect/hope for another collaboration with Shinji Mikami. "We've been talking about making another game like Killer7, so we're not sure when that's going to be", he says. "But something will happen in the future, we really want to make it happen".
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/chat...bout-punks-killer7--no-more-heroes-248774.php

Suda 51 considers online play for No More Heroes
If it doesn't happen for No More Heroes, Suda's next game will feature online, he tells CVG

Suda 51 has told CVG that the inclusion of online play in Wii game No More Heroes is still up in the air, though he is very interested in it.

Koichi 'Suda 51' Suda is one of Japan's more interesting game developers and his upcoming Wii title No More Heroes, is shaping up well. CVG recently caught up with the developer in Japan for a quick interview that you'll see later this week.

When asked about the chances of online play appearing in No More Heroes, Suda replied, "This is still up in air. Personally, I am very interested in online play."

Should online play fail to make the final cut, there's every chance that Suda will go on to concentrate on an online game for his next project: "I want to undertake an online game once the No More Heroes project is completed," he said.

Look out for the full interview later this week.

You can read our recent preview of No More Heroes right here.
Fonte: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161831

Suda 51 plays host to Kojima, Mikami, Mizuguchi and more.

The main event "Snake vs Zombie", a one-hour talk show hosted by Suda 51 with guests Hideo Kojima and Shinji Mikami. Kojima's first encounter with Mikami's work was Resident Evil. He bought it the first day and played as Chris, but the game ended up being too hard. Half a year later, Kojima finished the game with Jill as the character. Meanwhile, Mikami's first encounter with Kojima's work was Metal Gear Solid however, he personally likes Snatcher more. Kojima and Suda 51 both reacts, "Ah yes, Snatcher" alluding to something. "Oh should we announce it here?" "Maybe later during Hidechan Radio?" (The show later leads to the live recording of Hidechan Radio by Kojima Productions). Kojima gained interest in the concept of zombies after watching a series of zombie movies. Mikami watched most of the zombie movies out there during his years as a student, and concluded with Peter Jackson's Brain Dead (1992). When asked about recent movies, Kojima commented that this year hasn't been so good so far, but did like Perfume. Mikami, on the other hand, is currently watching the TV series Lost season 2, while Kojima and Suda51 still in season 1. Mikami did spoil one thing to them about the non-existence of the monster (which appeared at the beginning of the series). They agree that movies this past year hasn't been as good and TV series has gained much higher quality and production values.

Since the Boktai days, Kojima has always talked to Mikami about an idea for his version of Resident Evil Online. "The player is a zombie hunter and enters a town infested with zombies. When you die, you turn into a zombie and you start to walk aimlessly unable to control your character, just the camera. But, you will still pay for your monthly subscription!" the crowd bursts into laughter. "So you decide to create a second account, but you die again, and now you got two zombies! Finally you tell your friend where you and beg to have him kill you! So anyway, the goal is essentially to have the hunters gain the majority over the zombies in the town."

Mikami says, "I can't make a Metal Gear game. I'm an impatient person, I can't sit and wait in one place. Those times when I went out for war games [using airguns], I would be the first person to get shot." Kojima also says he is the type who takes the initiative rather than wait. During the team's combat training in the mountains (a common practice done by the team during the development of Metal Gear Solid series), "Our squad consists of four members. I am the captain, usually standing behind Yoji Shinkawa, the pointman. He gets shot first, but then I immediately get shot immediately after!"

Mikami has worked with many directors, and he found Suda to be an interesting director. When Suda was showing the enemy models, he blurted out "Oh man, this looks like crap." Mikami was surprised to hear him say that at his own project. "Working with him on Killer 7 was always refreshing every month when he shows me the latest ROM." There was a point where Mikami had to tweak a little bit of the enemy designs, but he admits, "I was very careful with Suda's designs, so I didn't want to change it too drastically".

Mikami says that Suda tries to hear out ideas of what his client says, "So when I told him "Can you change this?", he would do so, but a few days later calls back, "Actually you know what, I can't do that." Suda being apologetic, "Maybe I only listen half the time". Kojima interrupts, "Speaking of which, there was something I wanted you to change [in what we are working on right now]. You still haven't shown me the changes!"

In regards to suggesting ideas to the team, "When I visit my staff members to check on stuff, there are times where they think I'm just kidding" Kojima says. "So, when you come back again to check, they haven't done it because they thought I was fooling around." Mikami on the other hand: "Well since I am their boss, they sometimes take it seriously and end up making what I said jokingly. So in Resident Evil 4, I went out to drink with three of the game planners. For two hours, they tried to convince me to stop because it is causing confusion among the staff members!"

Kojima wishes his staff would take him more seriously. "There is a part in MGS2 after the Plant collapses, Raiden walks through the ledge of the plant and the soldier starts taking a leak. Second time around, I asked the designer to have the soldier there again, but this time, he would take his pants down and relieve himself and they thought I was just joking around. Well, that's one way you lose parts of a game design," he jokes.

If Kojima and Mikami were to collaborate on a project, both admitted that they would like to take the role of the director rather than a producer. Suda jokes "So you guys decide. Rock, paper, stones?" Kojima says, "I think we'll just take turns. Like when goes Game Over it's the other guy's turn." Suda brings up the recent movie Grindhouse, "How about like Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, sort of like a double feature?"

Finally, Suda asks the two about retiring from game production. Mikami says, "As far as I can go. I'm quite energetic at the work place so maybe I'll need to mellow down a bit. Even in motion capture sessions, I probably move a lot more than the suit actors." Kojima says, "You have to be always involved in the actual production because you will always need to be aware of things like budget, technology. And if you stray away from the actual day-to-day work, you begin to lose touch with the reality of developing games so I will continue until I die. Even after I die I will still be making games!." Suda concludes, "I think I'll be directing until I die as well."

So what is this thing about Snatcher? Expect to hear Kojima and Suda 51 talk about their secret project in a few days.
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158755

Snatcher Wii, Snatcher Wii, Snatcher Wii...

Tradução do Scan:
- new character named Holly Summers, ranked 6th in the UAA Ranking, missile as her left leg.

- “I wanted to show this character as quickly as possible since it looks almost like a character from the double-feature movie Grindhouse. But in the movie, it’s a machine gun, while Holly has a missile, so she has more firepower - Suda51
- Suda on Wiimote/Nunchuck controls “Assigning moves onto the Wiimote and nunchuk was more difficult than I imagined. We have been so used to playing everything by pressing the buttons on the controller, but Nintendo’s stance is that this doesn’t always have to be the case. I think wrestling games will fit perfectly with the Wii. I’m sure power bombs will work great on this!”

- Suda on Killer 7/No More Heroes similarities and differences “the game is not an extension of Killer 7, but goes the opposite direction, sort of like a reaction if you will. The story of Killer 7 was very complex so this time it will be very simple. The character was also complex since it had multiple personalities, but Travis as a character is much more clearer and simpler.”

- Hints at familiar character making a return
Fonte: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160439

Mais imagens:

53241520070622_111855_4_big.jpg
53241520070622_111856_5_big.jpg

53241520070622_111855_0_big.jpg
53241520070622_111855_1_big.jpg

53241520070622_111855_2_big.jpg
53241520070622_111855_3_big.jpg

Fonte: http://www.jeux-france.com/news20604_no-more-heroes-plus-d-images.html

gráficamente algumas coisas deixam a desejar, mas parece interessante

eles já disseram alguma coisa por causa do manhunt 2 tar a ser banido? já que eles tinham dito que ia ser mais violento que manhunt 2.

gráficamente algumas coisas deixam a desejar, mas parece interessante

eles já disseram alguma coisa por causa do manhunt 2 tar a ser banido? já que eles tinham dito que ia ser mais violento que manhunt 2.
O Suda 51 já deve estar a tirar umas notas. :)

O jogo vai sair primeiro no Japão, e se fôr assim tão violento vai ter de ser censurado, RE4 na versão japonesa não tem decapitações, por exemplo; e ninja gaiden também foi censurado..

Eu parece-me é que o jogo tem HUD's demais :p E esta ultima rapariga é a Holly Summers mencionada no artigo da Famitsu. Gosto do character design dela.

Eu parece-me é que o jogo tem HUD's demais :p E esta ultima rapariga é a Holly Summers mencionada no artigo da Famitsu. Gosto do character design dela.
HUDs a mais? não acho. tem um mapa como o GTA tem um coração feito de pixels gigantes, um coiso gigante que deve ser o dinheiro que se tem duas coisas que parecem slots, se calhar tem haver com ataques especiais depois outra coisa que parece ser um contador para qualquer coisa que se enche com cada ataque ou assim ou se calhar velocidade e algo provavelmente indica se aquilo está cheio ou não ou... pá não sei.... ah, e um tigre... para quê um, tigre?

mmh não não é muito :-D

Back