Gigabyte 8600GT Vmod + Vmem

A Palit e a XpertVision não são as mesmas??

Sim, lá sao vendidas como Palit e cá como Xpertvision

É tipo XFX e Pine, acho eu

o pencil mod é tentador
pena é nao dar para mudar o cooler da grafica sem perder a garantia

Última edição:
PJ,

What's your vmod method on this gigabyte 8600gt?

I used Google translation on this post, but cannot really understand it!!

I'd love to pencil mod my to OC more.

thanks 1st : )

PJ,

What's your vmod method on this gigabyte 8600gt?

I used Google translation on this post, but cannot really understand it!!

I'd love to pencil mod my to OC more.

thanks 1st : )

Hi.

I didn't use the pencil mod, used an hard mod but didn't solder any VR (Variable Resistor), just used some grabbers that i have here, for that tiny little legs from the ics.

All you have to do is search for the pwm controllers, mine where from NexSem, and measure the resistance between pin FB and GND with the Gcard out of the board. That gives you RGPU (Gpu resistance)

Then you do a little bit of math : New VGpu(Gpu Voltage) = Old VGpu (The voltage from gpu at default, mine was 1.32)* (RGpu / New RGpu)

For the mems it's the same thing.

Any doubts just post ;)

Hi.

I didn't use the pencil mod, used an hard mod but didn't solder any VR (Variable Resistor), just used some grabbers that i have here, for that tiny little legs from the ics.

All you have to do is search for the pwm controllers, mine where from NexSem, and measure the resistance between pin FB and GND with the Gcard out of the board. That gives you RGPU (Gpu resistance)

Then you do a little bit of math : New VGpu(Gpu Voltage) = Old VGpu (The voltage from gpu at default, mine was 1.32)* (RGpu / New RGpu)

For the mems it's the same thing.

Any doubts just post ;)

Hi PJ, great to see your reply :001:
I have the exact same card, or at least same PCB, except my IC is NexSem NX2114 0645 (yours is 0703). If the IC on the right is for GPU, then I guess the left one is for MEM, as you mean the same thing?

img22773.th.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5195/img22773.jpg

What kind of the grabbers did you use? The thing is I'm a n00b in modding electric stuffs, and I haven't got any Variable Resistor. So I need to buy some. Do you think it would be easier or possible for me to trace over some onboard resistors and find the one to shade over with pencil?

thank you.

Hi,

Pencil mod is easier, but less stable.

In NX2114 datasheet, you can see the pin configuration on page 2.

The FB pin corresponds to the second pin counting from the left in the lower row in your image (here, marked with a red circle). All you need is to find the resistor connecting that pin (FB) to ground, using a multimeter and checking for continuity. If that resistor is equal or greater than ~500Ω, is pencil 'moddable'. Otherwise it will be very difficult to lower the equivalent resistance just using a pencil.

To find the resistor: start by measuring resistance between FB and ground (you can use the metal plate where the DVI/VGA connectors are as ground); then you need to find a resistor (black little component with two terminals) with the same value. Finally, setting the multimeter to the lowest resistance scale, the resistance between FB and one resistor terminal must be veeery close to 0 and resistance between the other resistor terminal and ground must also be close to 0. This is how you assure the resistor is connected between FB pin and ground.

Última edição:
guys,

I think i've screwed up somehow!!
1. I could not get any Ω reading between the FB pin and ground (metal plate), I keep getting 1, like not "connected".
2. Whenever I try to run nTune, I get BSOD. Can't see info in BSOD, cause it appears in a flash, and then restart!

1. I could not get any Ω reading between the FB pin and ground (metal plate), I keep getting 1, like not "connected".

Have you tried all the multmeter ranges for resistance?

2. Whenever I try to run nTune, I get BSOD. Can't see info in BSOD, cause it appears in a flash, and then restart!

Forget nTune. Use Rivatuner and ATITool. Rivatuner can set clocks and ATITool tests for stability ('Scan for Artifacts'); use ATITool 0.27 beta 4 in Windows Vista.

Have you tried all the multmeter ranges for resistance?
I have tried 20k, 2000 & 200 Ω. I thought 2000 should be enough for the job, no!?

Forget nTune. Use Rivatuner and ATITool. Rivatuner can set clocks and ATITool tests for stability ('Scan for Artifacts'); use ATITool 0.27 beta 4 in Windows Vista.
What I mean is I always have nTune installed, which run whenever I open Nvidia Control Panel. After I tested for the resistance, I noticed when nTune tried to detect the hardware, it would cause BSOD. So I probably have screwed sth up. However rivatuner can still overclock the card as before :o

I have tried 20k, 2000 & 200 Ω. I thought 2000 should be enough for the job, no!?

The cards I vmoded measured from 75 to 2.4 kΩ. So 2kΩ range can be too low.

What I mean is I always have nTune installed, which run whenever I open Nvidia Control Panel. After I tested for the resistance, I noticed when nTune tried to detect the hardware, it would cause BSOD. So I probably have screwed sth up. However rivatuner can still overclock the card as before :o

I can't be very helpful since I don't use nTune (kind of useless to overclock, there is much better software :))

Did you try to measure the resistance with your computer powered on? If you did, you may have damaged the graphics card, since resistance measurement is an active measurement: the multmeter acts as a current source and measures voltage at resistor terminals.

The cards I vmoded measured from 75 to 2.4 kΩ. So 2kΩ range can be too low.
But I tried 20k, anyway, I will try again...

Did you try to measure the resistance with your computer powered on? If you did, you may have damaged the graphics card, since resistance measurement is an active measurement: the multmeter acts as a current source and measures voltage at resistor terminals.
No way, I'm very chicken in this matter, always worry that I may get electrified :o... I would even unplugged the power cable if I wants to take sth out!

Para não estar a abrir outro tópico, queria esclarecer umas coisas visto que estou com receio de fazer.

Troquei o cooler da gráfica e tenho umas temps boas e a minha Asus 8600GTS até aos 740Mhz no GPU vai bem mas depois começam os artefactos por exemplo nos 750Mhz.

Tenho aqui o Nibitor e carreguei a Bios para este e alterei apenas no 3D que é o único que me aparece para alterar para 1.4.

1º Posso colocar a 1.45v? Para ir aos 800Mhz ou 900Mhz precisaria de quantos volts? Isto com aircooling...

2º Salvei a Bios mas agora não sei como fazer para arrancar o PC em Dos e flashar a Bios.
Tenho o Win7.

Cumps

1º Posso colocar a 1.45v? Para ir aos 800Mhz ou 900Mhz precisaria de quantos volts? Isto com aircooling...

2º Salvei a Bios mas agora não sei como fazer para arrancar o PC em Dos e flashar a Bios.
Tenho o Win7.

Cumps

Boas,

A voltagem que deves ir não te posso garantir nada, apensas te posso dizer para ir testando com diversos níveis de voltagens e optar pela mais segura para uma utilização 24/7, ou seja que não tenhas temps elevadas nem clocks muito exagerados.

Para arrancares o pc em Dos e flashares a bios segue este tutorial da tom's hardware acerca do nibitor : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-graphics-card,1916-6.html

Na última parte tens lá o que precisas ;).

Já não me recordo mas acho que a voltagem que metes na bios vai estar limitada pelo ic, ou seja se lhe meteres 1.4 mas ele estar só deixar passar 1.25 não vai adiantar de nada, tens de testar com um multimetro a ver se a alimentação do gpu passou mesmo a ser 1.4 ou manteve-se constante.

Boa sorte com isso.

Com o programa da HP não consigo fazer nada... Acho que não é compativel e tentei o modo de compatibilidade e nada. Tentei dois programas que estão no site.

A questão é que não tenho drive de disquetes logo tem de ser por pen usb.

Alguém pode ajudar?

Cumps

Eu não quero a papinha toda feita... Sempre é melhor claro mas a questão não é essa. Já usei o dito programa em XP e funcionou mas no Win7 dá erro quando tento abrir o programa.

Fui comprar um lápis 2B para fazer o pencil mod em vez do soft vmod.
O sitio onde tenho de riscar aplica-se a todas as 8600GTS?

É que pelas imagens que vi pela net fora já sei onde é e só gostava de saber se se aplica à minha também...
Não tenho multimetro logo não posso verificar o resultado e por isso é que faço esta pergunta.

Cumps

Estive ainda agora a fazer o pencil mod e não resolveu... Arrancou bem o PC, aumentei para 760Mhz o GPU e existem artefactos.
Supostamente agora devia ter 1.4v!

Que mais posso tentar?

Cumps

Back