Dragon Quest (série)

Eu também adorava ver o X finalmente lançado em Inglês. Mas acho que é mais provável o anúncio do XII e espero também uma compilação do IV, V e VI para a Switch.

Square Enix announces Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate

Square Enix has announced the latest mainline entry in the Dragon Quest series. Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate was revealed on a livestream to celebrate the series’ 35th anniversary. Not much beyond the game’s logo and title was revealed, but series creator Yuji Horii hinted at some changes to the traditional turn-based battle system, and said Square Enix was aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release.

Square Enix also announced five more new Dragon Quest titles during the broadcast.

• Dragon Quest Treasures, a treasure-hunting RPG starring characters from Dragon Quest XI
  • A remake of Dragon Quest III in a similar “HD-2D” visual style to Square Enix’s Octopath Traveler
  • The next major expansion to Dragon Quest X, the Japan-only MMO
  • Dragon Quest X Offline, a top-down version of X that doesn’t require an internet connection
  • Dragon Quest Keshikeshi, a mobile puzzle game

Última edição:
Esperado, mas top o DQ XII. O remake do III também é bem-vindo, gostei muito do jogo, com referências a Portugal. A versão do offline do X também era fixe se viesse cá parar.

Dragon Quest III in HD-2D development “progressing quite steadily,” says Yuji Horii​

No updates on Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate.

DQ3-HD-2D_09-18-23-320x180.jpg

Development on the May 2021-announced Dragon Quest III in HD-2D (title temporary) is “progressing quite steadily,” Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii told Famitsu during an interview at World Cosplay Summit 2023 in Nagoya in early August.
As for Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate, which was also announced in May 2021, Horii was not able to provide an update.

“There’s still not much I can say,” he said.

Here is the full excerpt:

—What’s your involvement in the development of Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, Mr. Horii?
Yuji Horii:
“I’m involved in playtesting, checking, and so on. However, I thoroughly supervised and made revisions early on. The start of development is crucial, after all.”

—Is your involvement in Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince similar to your involvement in the Dragon Quest III in HD-2D and Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate?
Horii:
“It’s roughly the same. Well, when it comes to Dragon Quest III, I already created that game once before myself and know a lot about it, so I’ll give advice along the lines of, ‘If you want to change this, you should do it this way.'”

—What is the development status of Dragon Quest III in HD-2D and Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate?
Horii:
Dragon Quest III in HD-2D is progressing quite steadily. As for Dragon Quest XII, there’s still not much I can say.”

—All three titles, including Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, are quite heavily anticipated by fans of the series.
Horii:
“We’re working on a variety of things, so I hope everyone can continue to look forward to them.”

Top ‘Dragon Quest’ Producer Steps Down in Square Enix Overhaul (bloomberg.com)

• ‘NieR’ developer is candidate to oversee flagship franchise
  • Square Enix is promoting a new group of creators to lift sales
By Takashi Mochizuki
5 April 2024 at 06:45 WEST

The top producer of Square Enix Holdings Co.’s flagship Dragon Quest franchise is stepping down from the role, people familiar with the matter said, following delays in developing the next installment of the popular series.

Yu Miyake, a director of the board who long oversaw the role-playing franchise, is moving to head up the Tokyo-based company’s smartphone games, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing nonpublic information. Miyake, 56, has been behind numerous Dragon Quest titles since he joined the company in 1992.

Shares of Square Enix rose as much as 1.3%, reversing losses earlier on Friday, to close up 0.9%.

The move is part of a large-scale reorganization that took effect on Monday, the people said. Square Enix is overhauling its game development pipeline under new President Takashi Kiryu, 48, who’s vowed to reverse flagging sales of both big-budget console games and smaller mobile titles. He told investors in February that the new structure will help the company rely less on external resources and focus more on in-house triple-A games.

Yosuke Saito, 53, who’s best known for his role in developing the hit NieR games, is a strong candidate to take the helm of Dragon Quest production, some of the people said.

A Square Enix spokesperson declined to comment.

“There were doubts that this management reshuffle was really happening,” Toyo Securities analyst Hideki Yasuda said. “The news shows that structural reforms are proceeding as planned and gives investors confidence.”

The franchise, which has a large following in Japan, features artwork by the late Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama. The most recent title in the series was released seven years ago, but no date has been set for the launch of the next iteration, Dragon Quest 12, teased to fans in 2021.

Since becoming president last year, Kiryu has streamlined game production by shutting down many unannounced projects and placing checks on producers’ influence, the people said.

The company has promoted a new group of creators, including Naoki Hamaguchi, Tomoya Asano and Takeshi Nozue, appointing them to executive officers on Monday. The company plans to announce its midterm strategy plan in May.

(Updates with share price reaction and analyst comment from third paragraph)

Follow all new stories by Takashi Mochizuki

😬

Back