AM2 FX62 Overclocking Action!

Zarolho

Power Member
I found that this FX62 was a pretty good overclocker. I haven’t had a chance to overclock it on water yet.
First I tested it on my -95C cascade, it lasted all of about 20 seconds, yes it has a cold bug, froze up around -40C
biggrin.gif

I then put it on my -30C cooler and it ran well. Nice stable speed of 3636MHz. I had to keep my HTT down because of the cold bug so I used the 18 multi, basically 202x18 using 1.58V.
The memory was running at 808MHz.

Hardware used:
FX62
Foxconn NF5 motherboard
2x1024MB Corsair 8500C5
2x 7900GTX
OCZ 700W PSU

The Foxconn mobo is a pretty good board, very stable, easy to overclock, and very forgiving. I like this AM2 stuff. The CPU needs very little voltage, must be that there is no stress on the chip with the High Latency DDR2
biggrin.gif

OPP

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47436&stc=1&d=1148364248

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47437&stc=1&d=1148367724

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100443

The cool thing about this motherboard is the PCIe clocks. The two x16 buses default at 125MHz as apposed to 100MHz. If you have 7900GTX cards you will find you can overclock the core on those cards a lot higher with this feature. I gained 100MHz overclock on my 7900 cards running in SLI.

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1466013&postcount=10

AMD Announces Athlon 64 FX-62 and Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2 Proccessors
As part of AMD's ongoing commitment to deliver leading technology for desktop PCs, AMD today announced the immediate availability of the AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 dual-core processor, the world's ultimate processor for PC enthusiasts, and the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ dual-core processor compatible with AMD's new socket AM2 platform. Socket AM2 from AMD is designed to enable next-generation platform innovations such as AMD Virtualization and high-performance, unbuffered DDR2 memory to the award-winning AMD64 architecture. Additionally, socket AM2 streamlines the work for motherboard manufacturers, while reducing costs through economies of scale, which can provide better products and increase supply chain flexibility.

http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?12334

AM2 7900GTX SLI take 51k 03' easy

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100458

AMD its back :D

cumps

Última edição:
Socket AM2 Platform: DDR2 SDRAM Support from AMD

Conclusion

Summing up everything we have said about the new AMD Socket AM2 platform we have to admit that the introduction of DDR2 SDRAM support is a small evolutionary step forward. Our tests showed that the transition to DDR2 SDRAM doesn’t bring in any significant performance gain. Moreover, you have to make sure that your system uses the fastest DDR2 SDRAM with 800MHz frequency and minimal timings if you want to see any performance improvement at all. The widely spread DDR2-667 SDRAM may sometimes provide absolutely no performance gain at all compared with the Socket 939 platforms supporting DDR400 SDRAM with low timings settings.

In conclusions I would like to say that the arrival of the Socket AM2 platform supporting DDR2 SDRAM is still not an ordinary occasion. Even though Socket AM2 systems do not boast any superior advantages over the Socket 939 platform at this time, the positive effect from this transition will be more evident in the future. Of course, DDR2 SDRAM is a much more promising memory standard. Its working frequency and bandwidth increase dynamically, its price goes down faster and it allows building high-capacity memory DIMM modules. As a result, AMD will certainly win from betting on DDR2. And the timing is simply perfect: no one will accuse AMD of unjustified moves neither from the performance nor from the pricing standpoint.

However, there is no real pressure from Intel, AMD’s main competitor, at this time. AMD CPUs retain their leading positions practically in all applications. The increasing clock speed of the top models has definitely contributed to that: Athlon 64 X2 is now running at 2.6GHz and Athlon 64 FX-62 - at 2.8GHz. Of course, there is some concern that this state of things may change when new Intel Core processors come out, but it is still too early to talk about it.

I have to confess that I was left with a little bit of disappointment deep inside now that I have taken a close look at the new core Revision F processors from AMD. The thing is that company engineers have once again done just a few minor modifications and didn’t make any in-depth architectural changes. This approach to processor improvement will sooner or later lead AMD Athlon 64 processor family to a frustrating defeat in the “armament drive”. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about significant changes of the K8 micro-architecture at this time.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-socket-am2.html

asus.jpg

AI Gear
To balance both system performance and quietness, AI Gear allows users to choose from profiles to adjust CPU frequency and vCore voltage, minimizing system noise and power consumption. Users can real-time change the mode under operating system to suit their needs.

AI Nap
With AI Nap, users can instantly snooze your PC without terminating the tasks. System will continue operating at minimum power and noise when user is temporarily away. It keeps downloading files or running applications in quietest state while you're sleeping. Simply click keyboard or mouse, you can swiftly wake up the system in few seconds.

NVIDIA nForce® 590 SLI™ (NVIDIA LinkBoost™ certified)
NVIDIA nForce® 590 SLI™ media and communications processors (MCPs) deliver the tools and performance PC enthusiasts demand. When combined with select NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards and other system components, you get automatic access to faster bus speeds. Ready for system overclocking and greater data throughput.

Precision Tweaker
It offers ways to raise system performance inch-by-inch and step-by-step to achieve maximum performance! This is about getting the most out of your machine and taking pride in your customized computer.
* vDIMM: Take control of how much power is going into the memory modules. ASUS gives you 25-step voltage control to the DIMM * vCore: Find out "exactly" how much power your CPU needs. Fine-tune it with 0.0125 volts at a time!
* SFS:​
(Stepless Frequency Selection) allows - FSB tuning from 200MHz up to 400MHz at 1MHz increment
- PCI Express frequency tuning from 100MHz up to 200MHz at 1MHz increment

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=0&model=1163&modelmenu=1

Última edição:
xeira-me k vamos ter mais WRs pelo user KING :D

os timings das memorias tb sao mto bons.

cumps

Última edição:
pois talvez quando sairem :D

estou a falar do presente :x2:

btw:

I'm using the FOXCONN C51XEM2AA using the NFORCE590 SLI chipset. Very solid board right out of the box just like the nf4 DFI's. Best part is you guys with 7900GT'S and 7900GTX's will have problem free overclocking with your cards single or SLI mode. LINKBOOST helps with pci-ex mhz/ core clocks when you use NVIDIA cards with the board. The board is designed and engineered purely to meet eXtreme overclocking needs. Pretty sure all the new AM2 NVIDIA mobos are this way

The 6400c3 DIMMS are 1t capable on am2 at 3-3-3-9 with more voltage

FOXCON POWA :D

cumps

Última edição:
God_Lx disse:
O que eu sei é k o homem com menos 200Mhz no CPU fez mais 1200Marks no 2003... Mesmas gráficas... Hmm...

?????

3Dmark 2003 :

cpu 2800Mhz ----- 37500marks

cpu 3050Mhz ----- 43000 marks

cpu 3400Mhz ---- 51400 marks

mascarilha vai à ORB e vê os primeiros dois lugares, são os dois do K|ngP|n com as mesmas gráficas... Só muda o CPU de um FX-60 a 3.6Ghz para o FX-62 a 3.4Ghz e o FX-62 sacou mais mil e tal pontos...

mascarilha disse:
?????

3Dmark 2003 :

cpu 2800Mhz ----- 37500marks

cpu 3050Mhz ----- 43000 marks

cpu 3400Mhz ---- 51400 marks

isso não tá um bocado abusado?
É que só com mais 600mhz aumenta bastante o score.. :p

BTW...isto continua com coldbug...não me parece que valha a pena...

RuFuS disse:
isso não tá um bocado abusado?
É que só com mais 600mhz aumenta bastante o score.. :p

BTW...isto continua com coldbug...não me parece que valha a pena...

os cloks na grafica nao sao os mesmos ;)

God_Lx disse:
mascarilha vai à ORB e vê os primeiros dois lugares, são os dois do K|ngP|n com as mesmas gráficas... Só muda o CPU de um FX-60 a 3.6Ghz para o FX-62 a 3.4Ghz e o FX-62 sacou mais mil e tal pontos...

ha OK , pensei k estivesses a referir aos scores com o mesmo CPU (Fx-62) .

deve ter sido tb por causa das memorias , ajudaram decerteza .

cumps

Última edição:
hoje andas um bocadito a leste :D :

estes 51K com FX-62 nao foi no 3dmark 2001 foi no 3dmark 2003 :D

cumps

Última edição:
mascarilha não sei as memórias ajudam assim tanto... Aliás, no 3DMark03 as memórias ajudam o k se sabe... Perto de 0... LOL !

O score ir subindo conforme o CPU sobe só prova o quão CPU Limited ficam duas 7900/X1900... E se um FX-60 a 3.6Ghz limita mais k um FX-62 a 3.4 axo k tá tudo dito...

Tou a gostar destes novos AMD.
Ao k parece o ganho em performance é maior do que akele que se previa.

Vou aguardar por mais resultados mas parece k n vão ficar assim tao atras do Conroe.

fiquem bem

Os gajos da Epox estão completamente presos ao passado...basta olhar para essa board (estou a falar do layout, cooler no chipset e afins e não da cor do PCB que isso não conta pra nada)

Back