371.jpg

375.jpg

387.jpg

391.jpg

390.jpg

377.jpg

385.jpg

384.jpg

Os graficos estão muito bons, a milhas do Killer 7; para melhor.

Talvez não estejemos só à frente de uma sequela piscológica do Killer 7, mas também de uma prequela ou spinoff do original, já que o nome de uma das personagens é travis, das duas uma... ou é uma homenagem ou é o Travis antes de morrer, (personagem principal de Killer 7 ainda que morto).

56255120050131screen016ib8.jpg

Pelo menos uma coisa têm em comum... o fascinio pelas T-shirts....

[selecionar o texto para ler]
Travis describes himself as "the chief's first kill." He also dates his death at "thirty years ago" (1996). He describes himself as "the killer who got killed on the job."

Travis was the first assassin sent to kill Harman, and that Harman had never actually killed before
Travis.

Travis is the reason why Harman gathered the Harman Assassins together. Not only did Harman Smith perceive that his own life was in danger, but he perceived that the interests of his boss were in danger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
TRAVIS BELL
-----------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Travis Bell was the first victim of the Second Smith
Syndicate.

(2) On a hot, humid summer night, he tried to kill the Killer7.
Instead, he died by their hands. He then became a Remnant
Psyche.

(3) He recalls that the feeling of being killed was exhilerating
and exciting.

(4) Now, he stalks both the Killer7 and underground society.

(5) He is obsessed with T-Shirts. His emotions and states of
mind are always printed on his shirts.

(6) He has a wealth of information regarding underground society.

(7) His last words to the Killer7 are: "Die like a dog, and then
laugh it off."
[selecionar o texto para ler]

Os gráficos estão muito bons ( a nivel artistico ). Só não gosto duma cena, a dobragem manhosa das vozes de japones para inglês. Os jogos made in Japan deviam vir todos com o som original e legendas ficavam muito melhores, anyway já estou a divagar...

BrOiller disse:
Os gráficos estão muito bons ( a nivel artistico ). Só não gosto duma cena, a dobragem manhosa das vozes de japones para inglês. Os jogos made in Japan deviam vir todos com o som original e legendas ficavam muito melhores, anyway já estou a divagar...
Jogos como o Resident Evil não têm versão japonesa a nivel de voice acting, aliás o RE original foi gravado com "cheesy" voiceacting, intencionalmente como homenagem aos filmes de série B, mas a maior parte do publico japonês não se apercebe da falsidade na entoação, porque não são native speakers (nem fluentes)... ainda assim... este jogo deve ter sido gravado com este voice acting: 1- à pressa para a E3 onde não foi apresentado? 2- intensionalmente? 3- baixo orçamento?

O que é facto é que o Killer 7 teve dos melhores voice-actings que já vi num jogo...

"Good night, child. It's well past your bedtime."

Clássico! :D

Anyway... deixo aqui uma entrevista (antiga) da E3:
The Wiire sat down in an exclusive interview with Grasshopper Manufacture Director Goichi Suda (known as Suda 51, maker of Killer 7) and Product Manager Nobuhito Nakamura at E3 2006 about the studio's Wii project, known currently as Heroes. Readers should note that Nakamura acted as Suda 51's translator.

Grasshopper Manufacture did not have a booth at E3 this year, giving The Wiire the first breaking news on the project.

As The Wiire reported in March, Nakamura intended Heroes to be shown during E3 2006. However, the game trailer may not be available until this summer. Suda 51 responded, "I'm afraid to say this, but we don't know actually why the Heroes wasn't revealed at this show." When asked if the Marvelous Interactive and Spike, Heroes' publishers, made the decision to withold the game from the show, Suda 51 stated, "Maybe. We don't know that. I think [the] publishers also don't know why."

"We are thinking about the reveal date. So, we are planning now," Suda 51 mentioned. "So maybe this summer... we are going to show the world."

When asked how many members of the development team from previous Grasshopper titles are working on Heroes, Suda 51 said the studio is approximately divided in half between Heroes and a new PlayStation 2 title called Blood+, with members of each half going back and forth to work on both titles. However, the team working in tandem with Grasshopper Manufacture's first DS title Contact is now an independent studio called Audio, meaning the Contact team will not be helping create Heroes. Although members of the Killer 7 team are involved with the new Wii title, Suda would not say how many developers are from the team.

The Wiire asked if Heroes is a sequel to Killer 7, to which Suda 51 responded, "No. Heroes is not sequel to Killer 7. [It is a] completely new story and new game of Grasshopper," emphasizing its originality.

Killer 7 sparked controversy due to plot focus on politics, religion, among other topics. When asked if gamers could expect the same social and political commentary from Heroes, Suda 51 commented, "You can expect social matter, not political. You can expect a various theme in the game."

As for the extent of obscene material such as strong language, violence and swearing in Heroes, he noted, "We want Heroes to be more wide-ranged... I want more range of ages. Maybe include some violence and language." On that note, Suda 51 mentioned that he doesn't want it to carry the "M for Mature" ESRB label as Killer 7 received.

In regards to the look of Heroes, The Wiire asked if the game would be cel-shaded like Killer 7, but Suda 51 did not want the visual style disclosed to the public. He reiterated that Grasshopper Manufacture is thinking of the best way to reveal Heroes, and when asked if he's considering revealing the title at Tokyo Game Show, he laughed and simply said, "We can't say."

Moving on to Wii hardware discussion, Suda 51 mentioned Nintendo's helpfulness in Wii development procedures. "First, we developed Killer 7 for GameCube so we are very familiar to Nintendo this time with Nintendo Wii," stated Suda 51. "Nintendo is very helpful for us to develop a Wii game... Nintendo gave us [technical] support and we develop it similarly." However, when asked if Nintendo had a hand in the game's actual development outside of providing tools, he responded, "Only we, Grasshopper, [are] developing Heroes. Nintendo gave us [a] developing kit and we developed." Suda 51 also noted that it was relatively easy to work with the development kit.

Suda noted that the Killer7 GameCube code was not ported over to Wii for Heroes, but rather that "the style of Grasshopper is to create [a new] engine for each game," he stated. "So the engine of Killer7 and Heroes [are] totally different; we created [Heroes' engine] from scratch."

Regarding the Wii controller speaker functionality, Suda 51 and Nakamura were made aware of the speaker during, not before, Nintendo's press conference. Suda 51 said he is already planning on how it could be implemented into Heroes.

As for whether Heroes might find its way to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as well as Wii, Suda 51 responded, "We are very sorry about that... that question is very hard to answer because we are developers and [with] publishers, they decide."

The Wiire asked which of the controllers he likes most out of the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii, Suda 51 laughed and replied, "Wii. Wii."

According to Suda, last autumn Spike President Mitsutoshi Sakurai and Marvelous Interactive Yasuhiro Wada approached Grasshopper Manufacture about crafting the title. Suda 51 had worked with Sakurai and Wada on past titles, and both company presidents held the Killer 7 producer in high regard. After some discussion between the three men, the companies decided on making a title. Production on Heroes began sometime after the agreement made last fall.

As a final message to gamers, Suda had the following to say: "After publishing Killer 7 in North America and Europe, [we received] very many e-mails from fans. So please look forward to Heroes. [It] will be extreme game that no one has seen before. Everyone can be surprised about Heroes...I want [the game] to make [a] big piece. So many people can play Heroes, but [it's] a completely new game. Many people can play, but extremely new."

Any other information regarding the title was asked to remain confidential until the unveiling of the game. Stay tuned to The Wiire for further exclusives with Grasshopper Manufacture's titles.
Fonte: http://thewiire.com/news/315/1/EXCLU...s_with_Suda_51

Wiire remove o video do seu site:

First and foremost, I would like to personally apologize to our readers and loyal fans for this retraction appearing two days late.

This past Friday morning, I received footage of an upcoming Wii game that was planned to be shown at E3 2006. Under reasons unknown by the head developers at the time of the expo, the footage was not shown and believed would be delayed until summer. The development team's communication representative asked if our site had seen the trailer, ironically in the middle of the promised summer, and sent me the footage via e-mail.

In turn, I placed the video online for our readers to see for themselves. Monday morning, a representative sent me another e-mail stating the studios collectively felt it was not the right time to reveal the clip. I was asked to remove it from our site as well as any indication of the game. In respect and honoring these developers, I removed the footage and the exclusive.

We have been lucky enough not to receive recoil from our visitors and board users, as it was assumed this scenario to be the case. However, that does not mean an explanation isn't necessary.

Video game journalism is different from all of the other kinds of journalism I have experienced throughout my years. Game developers are not the lying politicians hiding a scandal, crazed doctors performing insane operations, power-hungry businesses looking to conquer the world, or even The Man. Game developers are artists, painters and composers, looking to unveil their works in a gallery we call a gaming retail store. Journalism here in the video gaming industry serves as a movie theater, hosting the media that they send our way in the hopes that their art gallery will be known and recognized for better or worse.

The moment I received the second letter, I wanted to take the ethical route: remove the content because they decided it wasn't time, and allow the creators of this work of art to choose the next time they wish to unveil their piece. I took this route within 10 seconds of receiving the letter, and asked the staff to please cooperate with my decision. Though I was terribly concerned for the site, it would have been dishonorable not to abide by the development team's wishes.

The developers are still on very good terms with our site, so any speculation of us doing something hurtful or disrespecting them in any way can be placed to rest. A few more months will more than likely prove this fact. We are, however, hurt if other sites or servers are looking to host this file.

Real heroes come from the people that make the right decisions at the right time. These developers have asked that this game, this piece of art, be removed from the Internet in a decision made by their company so that they may continue their painting. We do not know if there are any places online that might have downloaded/stole/unwatermarked this file, but I ask that you show the same respect and remove it from the Internet. These are artists looking to one day show you something incredible, not criminals needing to be exposed. There is no crime committed; only people seeking to ruin a good piece of art by showing it prematurely against the development team's wishes.

The moment I was asked to remove the footage, I removed it. I ask, in turn, that our readers seek to see if anyone has placed this footage elsewhere. If so, I ask you a favor: inform them that it's not right to go against the wishes of a developer. The developers are the ones that matter, and they're the ones composing the symphony. They are good people, and deserve to have all of our respect. Is it really worth a high viewer count just to undermine the thoughts of the people that made the game in the first place?

Again, I apologize for removing the content and footage without any warning, but I was asked to do so in kindness. Please, do the same for them. We're newshounds, not ravenous wolves.

Sincerely,

Rob
Editor-In-Chief, The Wiire

Imagens da TGS:

060923426_1.jpg

h_264_60648_TGShr0923a_jpg.jpg

h_264_60648_TGShr0923d_jpg.jpg

h_264_60648_TGShr0923e_jpg.jpg

Apparently the crowd reacted in an extremely positive manner by the end of the trailer, everyone being very impressed. According to the development team, the Wii is a perfect fit for Heroes. They had the idea of the game before the Wii existed, but once they saw what the Wii could do…especially the Wiimote, they knew they had to make Heroes for the Wii. Grasshopper is going to release the title in 2007, and as soon as possible. They think, due to the nature of the gameplay, that sales of 1 million units will be possible.
Fonte: http://gonintendo.com/?p=5988

Desta vez Helter Skelter's não é decapitado.
heroescomparison.jpg
Trailer novo > Trailer antigo

A musica também mudou, bem como excertos do voice-acting.

heroes21.jpg

heroes22.jpg

heroes23.jpg

heroes24.jpg

heroes25.jpg

heroes26.jpg

heroes27.jpg

heroes28.jpg

heroes29.jpg

heroes30.jpg

O video pode ver visto em:

-> http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827358/vids_1.html

Nenhuma dobragem, o jogo é em inglês para todo o mundo. Só assim se explica que as vozes sejam tão boas (aqui ainda não dá para ver bem, no Killer 7 é mais evidente), as dobragens americanas costumam ser miseráveis.
O Travis aparece com uma espada, a jogabilidade deste antecessor do Killer 7 pode ter sido alterada ou ampliada já que a jogabilidade do anterior parece ser facilmente adaptável à Wii. Um dos jogos que mais espero, talvez agora tenha o sucesso comercial que killer 7 não conseguiu.

O filme mostra que tudo se passa antes do Killer 7, Helter Skelter -> HS -> Harman Smith (também fuma charuto...), é o Harman do Hotel no Killer 7 (Helter Skelter é a forma verdadeira, antes de roubar a aparência do verdadeiro Harman, uma espécie de deus).

Travis era o líder dos Killer 7 antes de morrer, penso que todos morreram pela mão do Garcian antes de ser Garcian (no filme do Heroes o quem que luta contra o Travis no cinema tem semelhanças com o Garcian) e foram ressuscitados pelo Harman/Helter para deles retirar benefício.

Última edição pelo moderador:
Interview: Suda 51

Game Informer: Were you pleased with how Killer 7 turned out?
Suda 51: It was a very new experience for me, and yes for everyone in the U.S. talking about it it was very exciting, and I was very happy about that. There were some things that I didn’t like about the game after it was released and I was sad about that. But for me it was a new job, and a new experience working as a game designer. The scenario and graphic style was new for me as well.
In Japan the style was very different than traditional games, but on the opposite side in America, Russia, Europe there were a lot of good comments on it so I was really happy about that. After Killer 7 I wanted to make another game that was suitable for the western market, so that’s why I chose to do Heroes.

GI: What did you do before you went into game development?
Suda 51: I did a lot of different jobs. I was an undertaker, sold real estate, graphic designer, and I sold women’s hand bags.

GI: How did you get into game development?
Suda 51: I love Pro Wrestling, there was a company called Human that has already gone bankrupt, and they were making some very popular pro wrestling games in Japan. They were looking for some new people for a new Pro Wrestling game. I didn’t really have any game experience, but I really loved Pro Wrestling, so I just applied and I got it. Since then I’ve been in the game industry.

GI: How’d you hook up with Capcom?
Suda 51: It’s true I didn’t have the normal title that Capcom is used .to hiring. They were looking for a title for a worldwide release. It’s a really active company.

GI: Why did you choose to work with the Wii for Heroes?
Suda 51: It’s sort of a different reason. The president for Marvelous Interactive - Mr. Wada - he was really pushing to have a Wii title because he really likes Nintendo and the Wii. So I showed Mr. Wada the game concept with the light saber idea, and this was around the same time Nintendo was working on the Wii’s remote controller, and Mr. Wada knew about the remote for the controller for the Wii. We didn’t know at the time that Nintendo was working on the Wii remote controller, and we didn’t understand why Mr. Wada was pushing so hard for us to make this game for Wii. When I found out about the remote controller I understood why he was pushing so hard for Wii.
The final reason is that people at Nintendo are really nice people, too. And since we are a small development team Nintendo was really happy and supportive of us. This is our first time developing on Wii, and we’re happy with it.

GI: This is the first time a lot of people are developing on Wii.
Suda 51: (laughs) Yes.

GI: We saw the first visuals of this game just after E3, and you’re using another intriguing art style with Heroes. Was this inspired from Killer 7?
Suda 51: Yes, there are some inspirations from Killer 7’s art style. But our plan is to make it more of an illustration style. More of an illustration instead of like a photograph. This will be a new art style.

GI: Could you explain the game concept and what gamers can expect from Heroes?
Suda 51: The hero is Travis Touchdown, and he’s a professional killer. There is a sort of killer association where the killers are ranked, and Travis wants to get from the 10th rank to the 1st – Travis wants to be the top killer. Travis will have to kill each of the 10 killers that are ranked higher to become the best killer.
For example in Kill Bill she (ed: Uma Thurman's character - The Bride) had to kill the other killers that she knew, but in the case of Heroes, Travis doesn’t know who the other killers are. By killing the other professional killers he’ll become more popular and rank higher.

GI: How can a professional killer become a hero?
Suda 51: He is a hitman. Heroes is the working title and there might be some amendment to the title, but we want to keep "Heroes" in the main title some how.

GI: As far as the gameplay is concerned is the game first person or third person.
Suda 51: It’s third person. The left stick is going to move the character, and the Wii remote controller will control the actions. It’s pretty basic.

GI: Will you use the nunchuck's motion detecting at all?
Suda 51: Maybe a little bit. It’s still in progress.

GI: What weapons will Travis have at his disposal?
Suda 51: The light saber and only the light saber.

GI: Huh. Well you probably can’t call it a light saber. (laughs)
Suda: Beam Katana. (laughs)

GI: Yeah, George Lucas won’t mind Beam Katana. (laughs)
Suda 51: Maybe LucasArts cannot look at it and maybe people can be quiet about it. (laughs)

GI: So Travis is trying to go from number 10 to 1. Will it be just boss battle to boss battle to boss battle or will there be an underlying story through out the game?
Suda 51: There will be a small storyline. The game takes place in Santa Destroy, a small town on the East Coast of America. The player will be able to move freely in the town and there will be main missions and sub missions. There will be smaller enemies between the boss fights.

GI: Anything you’re thinking about for Wii Connect 24?
Suda 51: I want to do something, but I haven’t thought about it to seriously.

GI: With the beam katana, how many different moves do you have planned?
Suda 51: If you’re moving your arm around, your arm is going to get tired, so we want to have quick cuts so you can slice in one cut. We will have different types of slashes and special moves.

GI: Have you played Red Steel, and what did you think of it?
Suda 51: I have. We think it’s using a lot of the Wii controller’s potential. It’s a rival title, but so far there’s not a lot of titles like this on Wii. We want Red Steel to succeed.

GI: How different or similar will your swordplay be versus Red Steel?
Suda 51: It’ll be different, but it’s hard to explain now. So please wait until we have a playable version to show you.

GI: When do you think we’ll be able to play it for the first time?
Suda 51: Possibly GDC or E3 next year. I’m not sure. Maybe May or June of next year. For sure you’ll be able to play it at Tokyo Game Show next year.

GI: Do you have a US publisher yet?
Suda 51: We are still looking for a US publisher.

GI: Is there a time frame you’re looking to release?
Suda 51: Before the end of 2007.

GI: Outside of Heroes, do you have anything else in development?
Suda 51: We have another secret Wii title in development.

GI: Is the Killer 7 franchise done?
Suda 51: It depends on Capcom.

GI: There are talks that you have something in the works with Konami’s Hideo Kojima. Is there anything developing there?
Suda 51: There have been rumors about us working on something for next year. If we are actually making something together it would be a really interesting game. (smiles) Before I got into the videogame industry I was already a fan of Mr. Kojima’s work. So if we get to work with Mr. Kojima it would be really really exciting.

GI: How did you meet Mr. Kojima?
Suda 51: In January there was a Grasshopper event in Tokyo, and we invited Mr. Kojima. Of course, Mr. Kojima is really busy so we didn’t think he would come -- especially since it was such a small event. But he came. Since then we’ve developed a good relationship. We have very similar music tastes. We actually talked more about music than video games.

GI: That’s very inspirational coming from not being in the video game industry to suddenly working with Mikami-san and potentially Kojima-san.
Suda 51: Yes, I think I’m very lucky.

GI: Next time you have to work on working with Miyamoto. (laughs)
Suda 51: To me that would be my final goal. He’s a video game God.
http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200610/N06.1023.1835.33733.htm

Jogo secreto...

US, November 29, 2006 - Say goodbye to Heroes and hello to No More Heroes. Only in a world where something named Wii is the hot toy for Christmas could that sentence actually make sense.

The mysterious game that has been known for most of this year as Heroes now has a new name. The latest issue of Famitsu reveals that the all original Wii adventure game is now known as No More Heroes.

Heroes or No More Heroes, this game has gotten much of its hype due to its development background. Although Spike is set to publish the game in Japan, the title is being developed by Grasshopper Manufacturer and directed by Goichi Suda. You may remember these names from Capcom's stylish Killer 7. Other talent includes Shigeto Koyama, of Eureka Seven and Top wo Nerae 2! fame, who's in charge of weapon and vehicle design, and character designer Yusuke Kozaki, known for his work on Speed Grapher.

Famitsu has first details on the game. In No More Heroes, you play as Travis Touchdown, a geek who wins a Beam Katana (a weapon that resembles a Light Saber) through an online auction and uses the weapon to start a new career as a professional killer. One day, an assassin named Helter Skelter appears before Travis and the two face off in a battle. Travis emerges victorious and finds himself in the presence of Silvia Christel, a French chick who claims to be an agent with the UAA (we're not entirely sure, but this appears to stand for United Assassins Association). Silvia gives Travis official rank of 11 in the organization.

No More Heroes takes place in the city of Santa Destroy, which is designed to look like a big city in the Western United States. You're free to explore the town to your liking, taking on missions large and small to collect money and purchase new weapons, although the game's storyline progresses only when you take on big killing jobs from the UAA. Your day begins in your motel room, where you change your clothes and get ready for a day out on the town. You can walk around town if you like, or you can speed around on your futuristic Schpeltiger motor bike.

Travis's clothing has special signifinace in the game. Travis is a big anime geek, so his shirts tend to sport anime-style witch characters. You'll also find wrestler and fighter designs. Grasshopper drafted Okama, the character designer for the opening of the recent Japanese television hit Densha Otoko, to create over 100 t-shirt designs.

T-shirts aside, No More Heroes is all about using your Beam Katana to defeat enemies. When fighting, you position the Wiimote facing up, centered, or facing down in order to move Travis into one of three fighting positions. To perform standard attacks, you repeatedly press the A button.

The game makes more direct use of the controller in some situations. When performing finishing moves, you're required to swing the controller in accordance with on-screen prompts. You're also required to shake the controller to power up your Beam Katana's energy meter.

In addition to basic foes, you'll also find bigger rivals. Travis wants to be the number one killer, and in order to do that, he'll have to defeat the remaining ten killers that rank above him. Only one rival has been introduced so far. Shinobu wears a short school girl outfit and attends Santa Destroy high school, but one look at her katana will convince you that she's earned her rank of 8 in the UAA.

No More Heroes is listed in Famitsu as being just 35% complete, but with a Japanese release due for Summer 2007. Suda hopes to sell one million copies of the game worldwide, suggesting that an international version is in planning.
Fonte: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/748/748014p1.html

Interview: Suda 51 on No More Heroes
The director of Killer 7 says he promises to make his new Wii title more violent than Manhunt 2.
by Matt Casamassina

February 16, 2007 - You may not recognize the name Goichi Suda, but you probably know his handle: Suda 51. The moniker is a play on the word Goichi; in Japanese, 'go' is five and 'ichi' is one. Suda is president of Grasshopper Manufacture, which has made such titles as Super Fire Pro Wrestling for Super NES, Contact for DS, and perhaps most memorable of all, Killer 7 for GameCube. The latter effort -- a gruesome, surreal adventure title -- received critical acclaim for its stylized visuals and engaging storyline. It remains one of the most violent projects available for any previous generation console. Now, Suda and his 40-plus-man team at Grasshopper are working on No More Heroes for Nintendo's new Wii system. The game is set to be every bit as original and brutal as its predecessor. We recently had the chance to chat with Suda about his game design philosophies and No More Heroes. Here's what he had to say:

IGN Wii: is it true that you worked as an undertaker before breaking into game development? What prompted you to try your hand at game design?
Suda: Yes, it is true. My former job was as an undertaker . I used to work in the flower shop, mostly preparing flowers for the funerals as well. When I worked as an undertaker, a game studio called Human, which produced "Fire Pro-Wrestling," the most popular pro wrestling game at that time, was recruiting staff members. I had a strong confidence due to my knowledge of professional wrestling and thought that I could probably create pro wrestling games. So, that's how I started my career as a game designer.

IGN Wii: What is your favorite videogame of all time and why? On the same note, what is your favorite movie of all time and why?
Suda: My favorite game is Out of this World. I was shocked and impressed by the game by Erick Chahi. My favorite movie is Paris, Texas. I was very moved by this movie, and that feeling still remains today.

IGN Wii: In your opinion, are developers telling good stories in videogames?
Suda: I think videogames telling "good" stories do exist. However, I feel that there are still few videogames that actually tell good stories in the game. Not to cause any misunderstandings, but what I would like to say is that it is probably because most of the time, not many publishers look for and request or expect developers to tell/focus on good stories in the game. Unlike the movies, I think people are not expecting to hear "good" stories when playing the game. So, there are only few opportunities for the developers to tell good stories in the game.

IGN Wii: Do you consider games an art form?
Suda: I assure you that videogames are an extension of an art form. In my opinion, the highest form of art is the existence of videogames.

IGN Wii: You have been a big Nintendo supporter -- first on GameCube and soon on Wii. Why have you decided to put your games on Nintendo platforms?
Suda: I find Nintendo's support to be very satisfying. Since GameCube was an ideal platform as a developer, I decided to develop a new game on Wii as well.

no-more-heroes-20070216065951376.jpg

IGN Wii: We loved Killer 7. Would you ever consider doing a sequel? Suda: I am happy to hear that you loved Killer 7. Thank you! I don't exactly know whether there will be a sequel, because the Killer 7 IP belongs to Capcom. I am not at all opposed to the idea of developing sequels to the game at all, but I always want to challenge and create games with new ideas if possible.

IGN Wii: Please explain the premise for No More Heroes.
Suda: The main character, Travis Touchdown, was born from my imagination -- an idea that Johnny Knoxville (an actor from Jackass) is a Japanese anime otaku (animation freak) and this led him to be interested in Japanese martial arts. Then, he finds himself talented in martial arts. Johnny is also a Star Wars freak, and happens to purchase a lightsaber on an Internet auction. After that, he starts to make his living as an assassin using this lightsaber. This is how Travis was born, and after that I started to work on planning No More Heroes.
The story begins when Travis is ranked at the eleventh place of the killer association by an unexpected coincidence. Travis is now a qualified assassin on this ranking list, and aims to become the ultimate, strongest assassins of all. It is sort of like a growing-up story of a young assassin/kid which progresses by defeating all other assassins from 10th to the 1st place. This ranking match with other assassins is the main part of the story.

IGN Wii: Killer 7 was an "on-rails"-style adventure game. How is No More Heroes different in terms of what you can do and where you can go??
Suda: No More Heroes is not an "on-rails"-style adventure game. It is a free running/roaming style action game. The title is set in a small fictional town called Santa Destroy, located on the US West Cost. Story missions (Killer ranking rounds) and submissions (money earnings) are scattered throughout the map. The game progresses after players choose missions. No More Heroes is a genuine action where players control main character, Travis, but it hardly uses the wireless remote controller, which is one of the characteristics of Wii. The basic tactic is to attack with A button. The finishing move/attack is made by using the motion of the Wii controller. It is totally a different type of game from Killer 7.

GN Wii: Killer 7 was both profane and violent. How does No More Heroes compare?
Suda
: No More Heroes is violent as well, but it is different from Killer 7. The game's style will be very standard. I'm not quite sure if this would be the kind that pushes the envelope, but Travis is very poor -- he lives in poverty. We prepared some missions besides the regular levels. For example, there are missions where players volunteer to pick up trash, a real boring part time job as a stamper, and an incomprehensible job like human bowling.

IGN Wii: Can Travis go anywhere in Santa Destroy?
Suda: Yes, Travis is able to roam freely on the full map.

IGN Wii: What vehicles can you drive?
Suda: Travis will be able to roam around on his favorite motorcycle, "Schpel Tiger." However, players will not be able to steal vehicles.

IGN Wii: Is the game running on the same engine as Killer 7?
Suda: No, it is completely new engine. We made the engine so that it would be compatible with the new free-running gameplay.

IGN Wii: In your opinion, is Travis Touchdown a likable hero?
Suda: I would be certainly be happy if people like Travis because yes I think he has an attractive personality.

IGN Wii: Are there any plans to support WiiConnect24 with downloadable content for No More Heroes?
Suda: We are still deciding whether or not we will support that feature.

IGN Wii: Will the title run in progressive-scan and 16:9 modes?
Suda: Yes.

IGN Wii: What do you think of the Wii hardware so far?
Suda: I think that it is probably best to forget and abandon the existing game design know-how once you develop for Wii. I feel that Wii enables developers to create new types and styles of games. I'll do my best and create No More Heroes as a standard violence game.

no-more-heroes-20070216065950985.jpg

IGN Wii: Wii is selling very well around the world. Did you expect that to happen?

Suda
: Yes, ever since E3 of last year, I was expecting Wii to sell very well around the world.

IGN Wii: What do you think of PS3 and Xbox 360?
Suda: I am very interested in Xbox 360. I want to develop games for Xbox 360 as soon as possible. In fact, I am planning the next project for Xbox 360. As for PS3, I don't have enough materials/topics to comment on this because there is only a small chance for us to develop for the console at this point in time.

IGN Wii: Who is your favorite videogame designer?
Suda: Erick Chahi. I am also a fan of Kojima-san and Mikami-san, and at the same time I respect them very much.

IGN Wii: There is word that you're planning to work with Hideo Kojima on a game for Wii known only as 'Project S.' Is this true?
Suda: I am sorry, but I can't make any comments on this.

IGN Wii: Is Project S a sequel to the classic franchise Snatcher?
Suda: I am sorry, but I can't make any comments on this either.

IGN Wii: Fair enough. Finally, why do you think fans should be excited for No More Heroes?
Suda: We are tuning up No More Heroes to be simple and comfortable, but exciting and refreshing as a game. The game has a unique sense of humor and I hope fans will be excited about and look forward to it.

I'll also try my best to make No More Heroes as violent, or even more violent than Manhunt 2!
Fonte: Link

I'll also try my best to make No More Heroes as violent, or even more violent than Manhunt 2!
:-D

A engine nem podia ser a mesma, porque o Killer 7 usava a Renderware que tanto quanto sei a EA não licencia para novas empresas depois da compra da criterion, logo a Natsume não tem a licença para esta engine e provavelmente nem a pode comprar.

A Wii precisa de jogos exclusivos destes, e como adorei o Killer 7... é certinho que vou comprar este.

Project S tem algum interesse, mas acho que os jornalistas acertaram em cheio, deve mesmo ser um snatcher.

Back