New benchmark - Rydermark 2006

DJ_PAPA

Power Member
New DirectX 9 benchmark set to make a splash

Rydermark 2006 supports the lot

WE HEAR that one anonymous company is developing a game and a benchmark based on a boat-racing story line. We've been hearing this for a while now, but the company at the bottom of it all still wants to remain secretive. We won't name then yet, in order to keep them sweet.

The benchmark will see the light of day in next few weeks. It will be called Rydermark 2006 and it is set to support both Shader model 2.0 and 3.0. It will use heavily multithreaded Sahara game engine with multiprocessor support. It is interesting to see support for Parallax Occlusion Mapping.

The company will use a different approach from typical Parallax Mapping, as the guys solved the aliasing artefacts problem that usually shows up when you use this technique. It will also run at Shade model 2.0 hardware.

The benchmark will also feature 64-bit (HDR) High Dynamic Range Lighting with Anti-aliasing, soft shadows, intense GPU-accelerated 3D particle systems, dynamic reflections and refraction, full scene motion blur, depth of field high resolution textures, 5.1 surround sound; Yada, yada.

We have a picture for you and we hope to get our hands on the benchmarking suite itself soon. µ

ryder.jpg

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31799

Antonio Raimund disse:
Parece interessante, software/jogos nunca sao demais:De ja vai suportar HDR

Pois a parte do HDR é capaz de ser "chato" para as X800... Eles já no 3DMark06 ficaram todos danados por uma 6600GT ter mais pontos...

macer disse:
bem visto ta um bocado diferente!
um bocado? os da esquera estão abusivos mesmo... ñ coincidem nem no edificio que é... que reflexos tão criados à pressao e irreais...

acho que até o 2001 tinha melhor aspecto, à excepção do HDR(ñ verificável na imagem).

Fikem bem!

N se vai puder comparar mt com o 3dmark2k1 visto que só é compativel com Directx9 , e não sei ate que ponto o sistema por completo vai influenciar nos scores.

Rydermark screenshots back California graphics fudge

See Venice and die

SOME TWO weeks back we promised you screenshots to back up a story about a fudge on Nvidia benchmarks.

You can read that here.

We don’t yak a lot about it, we will just show you two pictures and let you judge for yourself. You can clearly see that the top Californian graphic company is using lower precision shaders. Both shots were done at 1600x1200 using default driver settings.

We advise you to download the pictures and flip between them to see the difference. Take particular note of the water. µ

http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/nshader.jpg
http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/atishader.jpg

Ai estao as 2 primeiras fotos do bench. Neste caso sao as mesmas imagens mas uma a correr na Nvidia e outra na ATI.

A mim parece-me mais um trabalhito de Photoshop do que outra coisa.

Se a ideia é afectar só a água, pq é que afectou também o barco, e os edificios estão iguais?

Soa-me a uma tanga do caraças, este benchmark.

Bom as novas screens ainda vieram piorar a já má impressão causada pela primeira...
Só se for um benchmark para photoshop(ing) e mesmo assim alguém precisa de umas noções de blending e perspectiva...

hoax...

Raptor disse:
A mim parece-me mais um trabalhito de Photoshop do que outra coisa.

Se a ideia é afectar só a água, pq é que afectou também o barco, e os edificios estão iguais?

Soa-me a uma tanga do caraças, este benchmark.

O TheInq xateou-se por causa das incinuaçoes de Photoshop. lol

Rydermark maker labels hoax allegations 'irresponsible'

Rant Come over here and say that

YOUR HUMBLE INQ, together with the developer of Rydermark, has been accused of a serious Photoshopping job. A link to the accusations is here.

Anyone who knows any kind of shader programming knows that the shader can mimic any filter from Photoshop. It is as simple as that, and I don't have any idea why I should bother to Photoshop anything or why a developer might bother to do so either.

I have enough stories to write, and I don't need to make ones up. And I wouldn't benefit from the practice at all. It is as simple as that.

And I can't see why a developer would bother to do such a thing either. We are talking here about people I have known for close to five years. They never messed me up before, so I stand by my story.

The developer is furious about the allegations posted by Anand's spawn, as this affects his credibility as much as it does ours. This is what you get when you take on PR departments of the multi-billion dollar companies. But we've negotiated such terrain before and we will prevail [You been chatting with Dubya, Fudo? - News Ed.] this time. If we are right on this, and we strongly believe we are, then Nvidia will be in serious trouble.

We are working hard with the developer to present more proof to our eager audience of millions and we may even have a video to show you, but this thing could take a few days. We don't want do give the story up.

As usual, the forums have begun to bubble with anti-INQ tirades. Here's one of my favorite posts:

Originally posted by: akshayt
inquirer = crap
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought the X1900XTX was crap?

I do agree with you though in that the Inquirer is just as reliable as a magic 8-ball.

Let me try to elaborate on this, Nvidia fanboy. If we are as reliable as a magic 8-ball why the heck does every single important CEO or VP in the industry talk to us? I'm afraid that the INQ is consistently far more accurate that anyone in the industry wants to admit.

I am disappointed to learn how Kristopher's/Anand's/ boys easily swallow Nvidia PR lines. That's beyond me, as is what is going on in certain forums.

I think this is just the beginning and, believe me, there will be more to come. µ
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33131

Se ele realmente nao tocou nas imagens tem uma certa razao naquilo que diz.

E insistem...

Daqui se retiram algumas conclusões:

1- Os supostos developers "amigos"/"conhecidos" do Fuad há 5 anos são uma fraude (escrevam Rydermark no Google e reparem que tudo conduz apenas aos artigos no The Inq), pois não só recorreram a imagens de stock footage, como a diferença de qualidade de imagem se revela como um rudimentar trabalho de aplicação de filtros no photoshop.

2- O Fuad não se dá ao trabalho de verificar se o que escreve é de facto verdadeiro, nem tem conhecimentos técnicos mínimos do sujeito dos seus artigos (come on, aquelas das pessoas "coladas", e do pontão que "desaparece" na água atrás deles é de caras, mesmo para um amador).

3- Mesmo quando foi provado que está errado, ele insiste na sua história porque se recusa a admitir que falhou, por mais do que uma ocasião.

Não foi no the inq, que disse que a diferença era porque as nvidia só davam 16bit de percisão enquanto que a ati dava 32/24? É que parece ser uma desculpa credivel n???

E insistem...

Daqui se retiram algumas conclusões:

1- Os supostos developers "amigos"/"conhecidos" do Fuad há 5 anos são uma fraude (escrevam Rydermark no Google e reparem que tudo conduz apenas aos artigos no The Inq), pois não só recorreram a imagens de stock footage, como a diferença de qualidade de imagem se revela como um rudimentar trabalho de aplicação de filtros no photoshop.

2- O Fuad não se dá ao trabalho de verificar se o que escreve é de facto verdadeiro, nem tem conhecimentos técnicos mínimos do sujeito dos seus artigos (come on, aquelas das pessoas "coladas", e do pontão que "desaparece" na água atrás deles é de caras, mesmo para um amador).

3- Mesmo quando foi provado que está errado, ele insiste na sua história porque se recusa a admitir que falhou, por mais do que uma ocasião.
Bom, vais adorar esta noticia: :lol: :lol:

Rydermark Set to Challenge 3DMark.
New Software Suite for Testing Graphics Cards Coming

Candella Software, an independent contract software developer from the UK, announced Tuesday the release of a new benchmark that is set to demonstrate the benefits of the most advanced hardware available to date and provide an understanding of its performance in upcoming game titles.

The benchmark called Rydermark will utilize a proprietary multithreaded game engine developed for a game scheduled for future release, will require a high-end personal computer (PC) featuring a dual-core microprocessor as well as DirectX 9 shader model 3.0-capable graphics card with 512MB of memory onboard, according to Candella Software.

Candella said that the new benchmark will use true 64-bit high dynamic range lighting with antialiasing, parallax occlusion mapping, soft shadows, normal mapping, soft particles, full scene motion blur, depth-of-field, heat haze, volumetric fire and realistic water physics.

rydermark_logo.jpg

While benchmarks like 3DMark collect input from around the industry and offer some kind of “virtual” game engine of the future that does reflect the trends, but is still artificial, Candella claims that Rydermark will use 3D models, textures and shaders developed for an actual videogame, which will give users understanding of how the particular title will perform and what will the next-generation games – those that use advanced graphics technologies – require in general.

Rydermark, which is targeted at he PC hardware enthusiast and gaming communities, will be available free for download from all the major file download and gaming websites this holiday season.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20061031112444.html

Já existia esse benchmark em Julho passado ?:002:

BTW, colocaste o link do XbitLabs, mas não a fonte original, que conveniente, tendo em conta o que eu havia dito na altura...

Se aínda agora está na fase alpha, como é que já havia resultados em placas gráficas e aquelas imagens de phot..., quer dizer, de gráficos real-time há quase 4 meses atrás ?
E eram tão fiáveis, não eram ?

Também é engraçado, um benchmark que pede CPU's e placas de topo, que aínda nem chegou à fase beta, e no entanto é para DirectX 9, uma API que já não é cutting-edge.

Talk about contradiction...

Back