Hellgate London

Nemesis11

Power Member
Um FPS/RPG dos criadores do Diablo :)

pcgamerhellgate7hi.jpg

We can't display screenshots or scans from the article of PC Gamer due to copyright infringement law, but we can give you few details. Remember though that this is a game under development and things may change on the final product.

London was chosen for its dark and gothic athmosphere that match the hell-bent storyline of the game. The RPG is set five years after an apocalyptic battle between humans and demons. When the hellish creatures won the war, the survivors took shelter underground. London has many catacombs, sewers, subways which give a proper dungeon atmosphere. Heck, I remember "American Werewolf in London", and "Jack the Ripper" when I was a child, and I was pretty spooked with the London natural frightening-qualities, grayed and thick-misty athmosphere.

Characters and genre will be customizable

Approximately 50 levels of pure action.

Single player and Multiplayer(Bill Roper has many times mentioned in the past, that they aim to offer a service similar to Battle.net)

FPS(First-Person Shooter) and Third-person modes will be available. Similar to World of Warcraft where you can choose either camera mode on the click of a button. This is a great idea for those who wish a Half-Life/Counterstrike feel or a Diablo II feel.

Like Diablo II, the landscape and paths will be randomly generated, offering replayability

London landmark locations will be found throughout the game (I guess the Big Ben clock will be one of the ruins / locations).

Quest system is not linear, therefore you will have random paths and different outcomes. You choose which quest to take. This seems to be similar to World of Warcraft and Diablo II quest system.

Skill points are gained each Character Level you grow and points may be applied to your Class Talents Tree: Weapons/Spells, Auras(passive) or Combo Moves(which interact with critical strikes).

Weapons will have different stats depending of your Character level and other factors. Even if you have the same weapon as another player, both weapons will differ in stats. I assume points you set into Class Talent Tree will affect the stats and critical strike chances on weapons; and also special gear you wear may affect somewhat your weapons and abilities stats, same as in World of Warcraft. For those who loved Diablo II's built-in slots (known as sockets) on weapons, you can add stats and attributes to your weapons via special items that you drag onto the weapon built-in sockets. It is not clear how, but it reminds me of Diablo II runes that modify the overall stats of Weapons and Armor gear.

Hits, misses, and damage will vary according to your overall Gear stats, and Class Talent Tree stats. This makes a player's character unique and different to other players's that are the same level. Basically, a FPS veteran will have a hard time against a newbie that is well equipped and sets Talent tree points smartly.

Inventory bag to store items and weapons

Lastly, Multiplayer mode aims to have somewhere between 16 to 32 players support. This may vary as the game is still in development, therefore this could change. What sounds exciting is that their previous game, Diablo II had competitive ladder. It would be interesting to find out if Hellgate: London will offer support for LAN, tournaments, ladder, etc.

This is a game that everyone will enjoy, no doubt. I look forward to playing it. Now that Flagship Studios has finally revealed the name of the game, more info will be released in the upcoming months. The game might be released around 2006. The email sent by Tricia, promised more Fan Sites support with exclusive images and content.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/modules.php?act=News&id=64

Um teaser -> http://www.blizzplanet.com/modules.php?act=Content&pa=showpage&pid=84

Concept Art -> http://www.blizzplanet.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=88

concept004large5zi.jpg

normalconcept5e3512044fd.jpg

Tava com esperanças de ver imagens do jogo no teaser... mas afinal é só texto :P Nem vale a pena sakarem....

Quanto ao jogo é aguardar... por vezes as condições do mercado obrigam estas empresas a forçar o lançamento dos jogos em deterimento da qualidade, algo que não acontece (pelo menos não é visível) na Blizzard. Let's wait and see.

Quanto aos Diablos: \m/

Parece ser só mais um FPS... :( Espero que não, uma das cenas muito porreiras do Diablo 2 era a sua simplicidade em termos de controlar a personagem. Sendo assim tão FPS parece-me que a jogabilidade vai ficar a perder...

greven disse:
Mas na reviste só se vê FPS, não dara para jogar tipo a vista do diablo? RPG Style? :(

FPS(First-Person Shooter) and Third-person modes will be available. Similar to World of Warcraft where you can choose either camera mode on the click of a button. This is a great idea for those who wish a Half-Life/Counterstrike feel or a Diablo II feel.

Thx Nemessis, mas eu estava a referir-me também aos screens onde só se vê em FPS Mode. Mas de qualquer forma no WOW a vista não é bem Diablo Style...

Bem, mas de qualquer forma promete.

Ragnarok disse:
Parece ser só mais um FPS... :( Espero que não, uma das cenas muito porreiras do Diablo 2 era a sua simplicidade em termos de controlar a personagem. Sendo assim tão FPS parece-me que a jogabilidade vai ficar a perder...
"so + um fps" ? :002:

ja viste bm o que e isto com um modo battlenet e os monstros a dropparem items ? (armors, armas whatever)....

horas e horas de vicio a fazer runs num fps que espero seja frenetico e xeio de acçao.... :002:

Orochimaru disse:
"so + um fps" ? :002:

ja viste bm o que e isto com um modo battlenet e os monstros a dropparem items ? (armors, armas whatever)....

horas e horas de vicio a fazer runs num fps que espero seja frenetico e xeio de acçao.... :002:

Esperemos que sim...
Epá, é que parece-me esquisito um Diablo em FPS... Mas pode ser que resulte anyway.

Tenho jogado Diablo 2 ultimamente nos tempos livres apesar de já ter acabado o jogo já que não tenho mais nada de jeito para jogar, este parece fugir um bocado ao género mas é esperar para ver. Podem-me dizer jogos do género do Diablo e Diablo 2 pff mesmo que já tenham algum tempo?

Back