DS The Wizard of Oz/RIZ-ZOAWD (Media Vision)

I_Eat_All

Plasma Beam!
Revelado hoje, só se sabe que é pela Media Vision (conhecida pelos Wild Arms) para a DS e é um RPG:

Scans: (Famitsu)

clicar para ver maior [1] [2] [3] [4]

Última edição:
All hail XSEED:

139860e.jpg

Já tinha visto o anúncio hoje, mas não me lembrava desta thread. Alguém sabe reviews/opiniões de pessoal do Japão?

O Wizard of Oz é um dos "contos" que mais gosto. Adoraria jogar a isto se realmente justificar (como justificou o American McGee's Alice para a Alice no País das Maravilhas - apesar de o workart me ter custado a entrar acabei por o aceitar como uma visão diferente sobre a história).

O feedback que tive é que o jogo era bastante bom ;)

Além disso já sabes que a XSEED só se atira a jogos de que gosta.

Última edição:
Bolas :wow:

Bem, antes de mais, as batalhas parecem mesmo DQ... ;)

Fora disso... o jogo está fenomenal :eek: Aquilo são reflexos na água do rio?? Epá, lindo mesmo...

Eu não vou resistir a isto...

Nem sei como me falhou este, está com um aspecto simplesmente fabuloso! E ainda só vi as imagens que foram colocadas...

Tem havido desenvolvimentos sobre este jogo? Refiro-me claro a uma versão inglesa :)

Preferia algo mais do genero do American McGee's Alice, até porque o universo "normal" da Alice é digamos demasiado infantil.

Não estou a dizer que seja um mau jogo, apenas que o universo da Alice não agrada a todos, e mesmo dando-lhe a volta como um RPG, vai perder algum publico.

Apesar do grafismo estar interessante (ainda não ouvi o som), parece-me que as batalhas vão ser um pouco monotonas, uma vez que até agora (pode melhorar) os inimigos são todos grupos do mesmo :mad:

Fico á espera de um updatezito (I_Eat e Eagle ) :D

Cumprimentos

Entrevista com o Kenny:

Let's start with The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road. Why did you decide to bring the game to North America?

Ken Berry:
The game was actually released with the name RIZ-ZOAWD in Japan. It was developed by Media.Vision, the developers of the Wild Arms series of RPGs for Sony, and it was published by D3 Publisher of Japan. Once we had a chance to play it, we just fell in love with the great 3D graphics, probably the best that we've seen on the DS system, as well as the great original soundtrack. We thought that the turn-based RPG element was also very accessible and very easy to get into for a newcomer to a turn-based combat system, and also provided a lot of depth for experienced players as well.

It seems like the story is a little bit different than what we're used to. Can you explain how the story is expanded? Does it pull from any of Frank Baum's other Oz works?

KB:
The game was originally inspired by Frank Baum's original story, which is now public domain, so it was actually not made in any kind of co-relation with Warner Bros. and their film, The Wizard of Oz. With that being said, though, we found out that once we got the rights to publish it in the US, Warner Bros. was releasing the 70th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz movie, and we started communicating to them about co-promotion opportunities, and it just seemed like a good fit where we could promote with each other. So even though the game is very different from the movie, in the movie, most of the plot takes place with Dorothy trying to find the Wizard, but in the game, you're going to come across the Wizard within the first hour, and that's for like a 40 hour game, so a big part of the game takes place after getting to the end of the Yellow Brick Road. So you can think of it as expanding on the storyline of the movie.

How exactly does the combat work, and how does it differ from other RPGs?

KB:
The combat is first-person viewpoint and it is a turn-based RPG. It gives a rating number depending on your character and how strong they are. Your four main battle party members will be Dorothy, Scarecrow, the Lion, and Tin-Man. Dorothy and Scarecrow each have a one rating, the Lion has a two rating, and the Tin-Man has a three rating. So you add up their ratings together and it cannot exceed four, meaning that, for example, you can have Dorothy attack four times because she's just one-point rating, or you can have the Tin-Man with a three-point rating attack once, taking up three points, and then have the Scarecrow come in with another one-point attack. So you really have to battle the strength of each character.

I noticed you come across your comrades right at the beginning. Are there any other characters that are playable as well?

KB:
No, those are the main playable characters. When you're out there running, you will only be controlling Dorothy, but as you go into the battle screen, that's when your other comrades will come in and fight with you.

As you mentioned, Media.Vision works a lot with the Wild Arms series. Can we see any of that influence in this game?

KB:
I believe you do in that it is a turn-based RPG, and that is what Media.Vision has been creating for so long with the Wild Arms series, just excellent RPGs, and they're transferring that knowledge over to The Wizard of Oz license, something that they're obviously passionate about and put a lot of effort into to creating this great-looking game on the DS platform.
Fonte: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=19928

Back