[Wii] Spyborgs (ex-Ratchet & Clank Team+Capcom)

I_Eat_All

Plasma Beam!
10hq9e0.png

Bionic Games é um novo development studio sediado em Hollywood que está activamente a recrutar membros para trabalhar num "não-anunciado" jogo de acção para a Wii. O jogo será um IP original, e dos poucos detalhes que se sabem trata-se de uma aventura de acção na terceira pessoa e classificado como Sci-Fi. Rumores indicam que o jogo será publicado pela Capcom, ao que a Capcom se recusou a comentar.

Aparentemente, Bionic recrutou Mike Stout, agora ex-empregado da Obsidian para servir de Director Criativo. Stout foi Lead Level Design na Obsidian, presumivelmente no Alien RPG. Antes disso era Senior Designer/Multiplayer Lead na Insomniac Games, o estúdio de Resistance: Fall of Man.

A Bionic também contratou o ex-Audio Lead da Blizzard chamado Bill Black, que trabalhou no World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Black irá servir de Director de Audio e Video e será responsável por dialogo in-game, pelo que parece que o jogo poderá ser story-driven e com ma boa quantidade de voice acting.

No que toca a vagas abertas, a Bionic continua à procura de um Lead Animator para coordenar entre outras coisas "high quality pre-rendered cinematics."

Fonte: http://wii.ign.com/articles/870/870695p1.html

O nome desta thread será mudado quando o jogo tiver nome oficial, mas aqui fica, por parecer um projecto ambicioso e por estar 100% confirmado.

Bem pelas poucas informações do projecto parece que se preparam para algo grandioso sim, era bom haver algo do género do Resistence: Fall of Man ou género Metroid. Agora é esperar-mos para ver.

Gostei bastante do trailer, o aspecto gráfico faz logo lembrar o teamfortress 2 (e a parte de humor também) espero que saia um grande projecto daqui

Hehe... o trailler estám de facto muito muito fixe :)

Agora espero que façam daqui algo realmente interessante e não estupidifiquem uma história divertida. Sinceramente... não me acredito neste mau cenário e portanto fico a aguardar ansiosamente por notícias :)

Impressões/feedback em geral...

Sven: (Capcom PR)

Dark Void and Spyborgs are the two biggest titles our office is working on. To say that either of them isn’t an incredibly high priority for the company, with major resources against them would be a pretty big misunderstanding of the reality. The team working on Spyborgs is an all-star team of some of the best character action game developers in the world, backed by us. Have faith. This is a game that is incredibly thoughtful in its design, incredibly varied in its mechanics and will be incredibly fun to play (both alone or with a buddy/son or daugther/father or mother) when its done. The initial reaction I swear is the EXACT reaction so many of you had when we first revealed Zach & Wiki. Somehow, Z&W is now a posterchild title for the Wii in your eyes. Mark my words… you will feel exactly the same way about the level of quality in Spyborgs when it is done. …Again, this is a big, epic game. A far cry from typical Wii shovelware. You’ve heard my rants on that before… I won’t go through it again.

The irony is, we met High Impact (and by extension their subsidiary Bionic Games) at a mutual license pitch that neither we nor they were really interested in. As we met them though, I learned a bit more about who they were, what they’d done and we went back to their office to chat more about “other things”. Once there, as we talked about other business opportunities, on the walls of their conference room was some early concept work for what was to become Spyborgs. While they weren’t really pitching it, I asked what it was.

So while those other business opportunities were interesting, we really wanted them to take their amazing creative energies and work on something they were passionate about… not on things that would pay the bills. So we suggested they pursue their concept a bit more with us (even though it wasn’t really developed fully into a pitch at that time), they did, we liked what we saw and the direction they were taking. From the outset the concept was dreamed up for the Wii and we signed it before pretty much anyone else could swoop in and do so and we’ve been there from nearly day one.

2009 release date is all we’re saying. It’s not in this fiscal year.

If you seriously think this is going to be anything less than an extremely high quality title, you've grossly misjudged the talent of this team.

Seth: (Capcom PR)

As someone that's played through the Spyborgs demo multiple times as well as some other early builds, does it matter to that the game is actually fun?

Though the approach is different, the Ratchet & Clank comparisons are about right, and there are parts here that could be lifted straight into or out of the best R+C games to date. That said, the overall playstyle is already a lot more diverse--obviously the Wii lends itself to that a bit, as well as the game's overall zanier style.

The cartoony graphical style is a perfect fit for the Saturday Morning Cartoon approach of the game--as you see more of things like the commercial breaks, it's hard to even imagine going in a much different direction. I'm actually reminded of shows like Dexter's Laboratory, where I thought the look was just about perfect for the tone, pacing, etc.

TAS: (sobre a apresentação à imprensa)

When they showed the trailer off the press for the first time there was this very uneasy feeling in the room, and nobody really knew what to think of it.

I myself was no looking foward to seeing the Spyborgs (and Neopets) presentation but I was plesently surprised by it (ditto for Neopets)

Also I'll say that the two things you most heard repeated when it came to SpyBorgs was "Saturday Morning Cartoon" and "Adult Swim" so it's obviously targeted at a certain demographic. Capcom also plans to have a big marketing push behind it with a cartoon, toys, clothes, etc.

Estou a gostar, finalmente começam a mostrar ambição para desenvolver coisas decentes na Wii (se bem que a Capcom já mostrou antes). Ter a equipa que tem por detrás de este jogo, já é alguma coisa.

Early Beta videos leaked:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ah7Q30l9q8 (video 1)
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUhTXl27fSs (video 2)
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3dfAr9eQFY (video 3)
-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST64hoAzAV0 (video 4)

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFldgPrpwQ (enemy motion)

Dou-lhes pouco tempo para serem removidos por ordem da Capcom; note-se que não representam o aspecto final do jogo tanto porque este entrou em remodelação, segundo a Capcom como... o facto de estarem claramente inacabados (basta ver o diferencial de algumas cenas para outras)

EDIT:
Spyborgs - About that leaked footage...

Yes, those videos many of you saw last week were an early look at Spyborgs ... a waaaay early look from about a year ago, well before the recent upgrades we've made to the game, the engine, the art style. Those videos weren't even gameplay footage anyway. They were all animatics - early blocked out cinematics for figuring out timing, camera angles, animations for various cuts, etc. Those are all meant to be rough and easy to iterate before things are locked down and the polished models, textures, effects, etc. are put into place.

The new Spyborgs is looking really good. When people's first reactions are surprise that those graphics are on the Wii, you know you're on to something. We're excited to reveal it to you all soon. I'm working with Marketing to get permission to post a teaser of some kind: a screenshot, a piece of a screenshot, some character art... anything! I haven't yet found the right thing to bribe them with. Any suggestions?
Fonte: http://www.capcom-unity.com/d.a.r.y.l./blog/2009/02/11/spyborgs__about_that_leaked_footage

Bem precisam!

Última edição:
Confirmado para a Captivate 2009:

Announced last year (too early), Spyborgs will be removing its cloaking field to show the direction that Capcom and the ex-Insomniac crew at Bionic Games have taken this title. All new art direction and gameplay mechanics have replaced some of the more “younger” feel of the game, and they’ve really fine-tuned the Wii controls for this new action directive.
Fonte: http://www.capcom-unity.com/kramez/blog/2009/04/10/captivate09_its_on_monte_carlo_style

Info da CAPTIVATE 09

Spyborgs combines an extraordinary sci-fi world with action packed 2-player co-op, this original IP is a must-have Wii title for action fans.

A cybernetically-enhanced group of super heroes is set-up to die by a former team member they trusted. When players take control of the weapon-enhanced cyborgs in their pursuit of the traitor, they will come together in 2-player co-op to face over 35 stages of mind-blowing challenges packed with epic boss battles and swarms of enemies that only a team of two can defeat!

In Spyborgs, players select two of the three Spyborg characters and use the motion-based Wii-remote to shoot, slash and pummel their way through hordes of mechanized enemies. With an in-depth 2-player co-op system, players will be able to strategically jump back and forth from one member of the team to the other, rapidly tackling different challenges with their unique abilities.

Players can also experience the frenetic fun with a friend in co-op, which opens up access to stylized co-op finishing moves. This advanced co-op system utilizing the Wii-remote motion control delivers an unparalled, highly interactive gameplay experience perfectly suited for Wii action fans. Spyborgs provides players with a dynamic and fresh approach to beat-em-up, brawler gameplay.

Features:

* Stunning Graphics: Pushing the graphics capabilities of the Wii, Spyborgs will offer a variety of vibrant environments and detailed character models alongside action-packed gameplay.
* Extreme Co-Op: Designed around the 2-player co-op experience whether playing alone or with friends, single players can jump seamlessly between characters at any time to take advantage of their unique weapons and skills while friends can tag-team it to create crazy combos and finisher moves for the ultimate brawl.
* Brawler-$tyleGameplay: Action-packed, intuitive gameplay for all skill-levels.
* Robust combo system to master: Multiple character specific combos allow players to chain light and heavy attacks to increase their Combo/Power meters and unleash devastating “Finisher” moves and “Co-Op Finisher” moves.
* Upgradeable Attack System: Power-up by collecting “crimson spark” currency from defeated enemies and destructible environments to purchase upgrades.
* Instant Character Swap: Users can instantly switch between two characters mid-combat to utilize each character’s strengths.
* Cinematic Boss Battles: Epic, action-packed and absolutely thrilling battles featuring full-screen, dynamic and wickedly challenging bosses.
* Robust Achievement system: Similar to Xbox 360 and PSN, players are rewarded with an Achievement Title signifying their accomplishment. Taking it one step further, these Achievements also unlock bonus videos, concept art and new challenges in the game.

Imagens (Offscreen) da nova versão de Spyborgs

Link 1

Link 2

Comparação: Modelo Novo / Antigo

1905106_557x304.jpg

Gráficos simpáticos, mas agora temos algo muito mais God of War'esco e menos Ratchet and Clank'esco nos cenários/tipo de detalhe poligonal. Entenda-se, não estou a sugerir que os locais sci-fi e robôs poderiam ser saidos de um GoW, mas é realmente o que mais me vem à cabeça nas imagens, desde o que me parece ser o gameplay (hack and slash?) até ao tipo de destruição por tijolos e colunas numa das imagens que invoca um cenário grego, e mesmo as chamas e o estilo de texturamento; não sei se mais gente vê o mesmo que eu, mas...

Melhor que a pre-alpha inicial está, mas podia estar melhor a manter o estilo inicial. Não emito julgamento mas devo-me dizer dividido.

Back