PS3 Killzone 2 (Guerrilla)

blazt

Banido
Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games Answers More Questions On Killzone 2

Its seems Seb Downie is staying close to the Playstation community by answering several questions about Killzone info and the USAToday screenshot. Check out some of the mini-interviews.

PS3 Forums:
Raziel123 wrote:
first of all, thanks for answering our questions.
im gonna make a few more, you probably can't comment on them but i'll try anyway.
1 - will we get anything else today or only the next days?
2 - is the helghast covered in snow on that pic?
3 - where's the crosshair or whatever for aiming your gun?
4 - what's your personal opinion, comparing the 05 trailer with how the game looks right now?

“1. There will be more released as E3 gets under way.
2. No, its light.
3. Switched off for the purpose of the screenshot.
4. Wait and see for yourself as more content is release”

EdgeUK wrote:
Here we go...analysis paralysis!
Can you coment on what sort of build this is..like pre-alpha or beta?

Will there be opportunities for improvements for things like self-shadowing and shadow aliasing etc...?
If I am going of topic/thread just bang me into the right place...
Thanks

“1. Pre-pre alpha.
2. Please wait to see more content before judging it.”

SoMeOnE!!! wrote:
motherh you are awesome, i've never seen someone involved with such a major IP so close to the community answering every question.

also one quick question.
How do you think the press and gaming audienc will react to killzone 2 and how it looks?

a) OMG
b) HOLY CRAP
c) IM IN A DREAM!

“d) All of the above.

”Yes that room is pretty dark to begin with. And the light source is from the muzzle-flash. It looks a lot better in movement. As for the rest, no comment at this stag”

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-50765.aspx

Rumor: New Info Killzone 2 and God Of War

Here’s some new info about killzone 2 from an insider who supposedly has seen a trailer of it. Here are some quotes…:

“There are two things i have to share with you guys, you can take it for what its worth i dont really care if you believe me or not, but if i didn’t share it, id feel bad, i cant hold it in either so here it is…
1. God Of War 3 is in playable form, its going through testing cycles right now
2. Killzone 2 looks fantastic, nobody is gonna be disappointed
i cant confirm if God of War 3 is going to be at E3 this year, but know that is very heavily on its way and killzone looks freaking awesome, you guys are gonna love it
don’t ask how or why, just take it for what it is, youll see tomorow”

“I have no idea about the God Of War stuff, someone broke their NDA today, it was pretty funny, haha
I wouldn’t say Killzone looks as good as the trailer, id say i was definitely blown away though, i don’t know anything about how it plays, and i cant confirm any of the other rumors about it, but the lighting was awesome, textures looked super clean, explosions were top notch, animations weren’t like, scripted but its Killzone if you know what i mean, arrrrghhh, i hope i see more tonight as in after the even in Santa Monica, i wasn’t as indulged as i wanted to be”

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-50585.aspx

"I think Killzone 2 is probably the most impressive game I've seen so far at E3.,The game's look was the most stunning thing about it.,The little things I did notice about the game included destructible environments, enemies that not only reacted to being shot, but to where they were shot, impressive weather, fire, and lightning effects and a world that was abuzz with activity."

http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/killzone-2-impressions-277070.php

Parece-me bem bom a mim.

Muito bom este video, embora não tenha conseguido deixar de reparar que a resolução das texturas era algo fraca, a geometeria, efeitos, luzes, fisica, tem um overall muito bom, é um titulo que a PS3 realmente precisa.
Next

Vamos lá ver uma coisa, a promessa da Sony ("We will shut up the critics") não era relacionada com os gráficos do jogo? Alguma vez referiram a jogabilidade? É óbvio que nós só vamos ter em conta os gráficos do jogo e desprezar o resto, afinal foi isso que a Sony nos prometeu: gráficos iguais aos do famoso trailer.

Infelizmente não foi isso que vi, sim, tem gráficos muito bons, dos melhores que já vi mas não, nem sequer chega aos calcanhares do vídeo mostrado há uns tempos e o Gears of War tem gráficos tão bons como este jogo (nem vou falar do PC), enquanto a Sony continuar com as jogadas estúpidas e pouco inteligentes que tem vindo a fazer, haverá sempre um "Killzone 2" para atacar.

Foi criada uma nova thread devido aos flames da anterior. Aceitem o facto de que haverão pessoas decepcionadas com o trailer. Com a expectativa que própria Sony criou não podemos recriminar quem é dessa opinião.

Tal como é perfeitamente normal achar o novo trailer um espectáculo. Depende das expectativas e de cada um. Opinem à vontade e com respeito mas não tentem impingir a vossa opinião aos outros.

Depois de ver o Trailer HD sinceramente gostei dos gráficos do jogo, apesar de não me impressionarem depois de ver os trailers de call of duty 4, crysis entre outros, os gráficos estão bastante bons se melhorarem será bom para quem tem uma PS3 e gosta deste tipo de jogos senão melhorarem visualmente tanbem ja tem uma qualidade muita boa assim, agora e esperar que a jogabilidade e o resto tanbem sejam bons, pois a jogabilidade pelo que sei foi um dos maiores defeitos do 1º.

WOOOOOOOOW!!! A Sony esta de volta! Tal como dizia um Killzone dev: "We'll shut up the critics"!! Segundo a Joystiq e a IGN condiz com o trailer!! E a IGN diz que esta melhor ate em alguns aspectos!!! 2 GIGABYTES por nivel BLU-RAY FTW! É own total!!

E mais:

Phil Harrison has told Eurogamer that Sony intended to set expectations incredibly high with its controversial E3 2005 trailer for Killzone 2 - and plans to exceed them with the finished product.

http://www.n4g.com/News-51014.aspx

Killzone Developer - “You’ve Seen Nothing Yet”;”Killzone will Shock”

Killzone developer talks on Neogaf and confirms that the trailer is pre-pre alpha.The game features highly atmospheric environments that respond accurately to weapon fire as players storm through the world of Helghan. The harsh climate and conditions of Helghan are also a factor, forcing players to adapt new tactics to survive.

He states :

Hey folks.
I’m a little busy at the moment, but I have to say something!

First of all. WHAT DID I SAY? Did I lied? Am I a jackass, because I could not say anything about KILLZONE “2″? I could not. It IS one of our most important games, in the history of SONY Computer Entertainment. And I hope you like it!

And I am not finished yet:

- Don’t forget one thing: This game is PRE-pre-alpha! So, not PRE-Alpha, PRE-PRE! So, please don’t start some “Hey, can you see that texture poppin’ up! PLEASE, stop it, ok?
There will be much more details, effects and so on. Give us some time.

- Second: Half of the animations are still NOT in the game so, it will look MUCH MUCH better in the final game. Yes, we said it: The animations are matching the target render. Maybe it looks even better in the final game.

- third: Is there already a video out? I get no info here, because the conference is killing us (with joy). If so, enjoy it! If not, playstation storewill have it. You have to see it in HD to believe it.
And finally: mckmas8808, Bad_Boy, Busty, I said it, and we delivered!

So, wait for the conference for more info.
You saw NOTHING yet!

bye

(oh and, …. did I say “KILLZONEwillSHOCK”)
Sorry, I could not resist

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=410

O hype continua!!!

Última edição:
Supostamente é uma entrevista , quem me diz que não é inventado para se gerar mais confusão?
Só acredito quando for revelado oficialmente pela Sony ou pela Guerrila até lá podem por o que quiserem que nunca se sabe até que ponto é verdade o que lá está escrito

killzownedgifwv3mp5.gif

Bem, avaliando so aquilo que podemos (que é so a partir de vídeos realmente) este novo vídeo do KillZone2 ate esta bom, o problema é o Hype criado e o outro vídeo mostrado que fazem com que agora este vídeo pareça fraco.

O jogo aparenta estar bom mas foi um erro mostrarem o outro, porque agora esperava-se/espara-se pelo menos em termos visuais a coisa mais espectacular ate hoje e este vídeo pelo menos para mim esta longe de ser o jogo que mais me fascinou.

onde anda o I_Eat_All nestas alturas?
Apagaram-me os posts pelo que não tenho vontade de recapitular o que já disse.

Não é um fulano a falar que prova o contrário do que eu disse napalm, mas também não vejo qual o ponto em chamares isso especificamente de volta (quando a thread foi limpa) como quem diz "e agora?"

O que ele diz é desculpar-se do jogo estar tão mau, quando diziam "we will shut some critics" em relação a terem prometido um FMV. isso agora já é cumprir o prometido? interessante.

Voçês têm orgulho nisso? eu acho anedótico.

Última edição:
Eu não quero criar problemas mas... é assim, aquele trailer do Killzone 2 não tem nada de especial.
As texturas estão muito esbatidas, pior ainda as do terreno e afins, parecem saídas de um Quake 2.
Não estou a ver nada de especial, até agora o Bioshock pareceu ter uma qualidade bastante superior.

Mas isso sou apenas eu que olhe para um jogo e não para O jogo da PS3, If you know what I mean...

Back