[Wii] Boogie (EA)

I_Eat_All

Plasma Beam!
EA announced an all new Wii exclusive intellectual property, Boogie, a unique music/rhythm-based game that takes advantage of the Wii controls to get gamers off their couch, playing and dancing to a new beat.

“We’re creating something new and different for gamers of all ages to enjoy; the complete party package where gamers can dance as well as sing,” said Alain Tascan, Vice President and General Manager, EA Montreal. “Nintendo’s Wii is an amazing console that really gives us a platform to be creative and to re-think traditional game development.”

Boogie will have gamers dancing, singing and starring in their own music videos. Players can also choose and customize different characters in the game to best show off their dancing style and karaoke skills. With innovative gameplay that perfectly matches the unique Wii controls, Boogie is the ultimate videogame party package.

boogie5iv4.jpg

boogie4qt7.jpg

boogie3ae7.jpg

boogie2pq9.jpg

boogie1tu2.jpg

Lindo.

Espero que façam isso com calminha para n ficar apenas 'engraçado' mas sim o mais realista possivel em termos de movimentos.

Primeiro trailer: (e press release)

-> http://www.vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=11714

Dance, Sing, Create! Play to an all-new beat in this singing and dancing game where you create and customize your very own Boog, and then take the stage to become a star. Using the unique Wii™ controls and a peripheral microphone, showcase your best singing and dancing moves. Use the fun and intuitive editing toy to create your very own music video, complete with multiple camera angles and cool special effects - this is the ultimate videogame party package!

With a huge selection of hit songs from over four decades, a variety of lovable characters, and an intuitive controller scheme, Boogie is the must-have sing-along, dance-a-long party game for players of all ages.

· Make Your Boog a Star—Choose one of the Boogs and customize their look.

· Controls That Make You Shake & Move—Bring your Boog to life with the innovative, motion-based Wii controls. Dance, shake, and move with the Wii Remote while controlling your Boog’s upper body movements and facial expressions with the Nunchuk.

· Your Moves, Your Voice, Your Video—Capture your best dance moves, record your voice, and make your Boog a star with the easy-to-use editing toy. Change camera angles, add effects, and create the ultimate music video.

· Party It Up—Fun mini-games, coop gameplay, head-to-head battles, and karaoke party makes Boogie the perfect party game and a complete entertainment experience.

· The Music Reigns Supreme—From rock to pop, disco to funk, Boogie will have you singing and dancing to an all-new beat.

Pessoalmente acho que tem bastante bom aspecto.

Preview Game|Life:
Hands-On: Boogie

Electronic Arts' all-singing, all-dancing rhythm game Boogie is playable at Nintendo's media event today. But what we saw might differ vastly from the final product, because EA says they're still making a lot of major changes to the gameplay.

Currently, the game's about shaking the Wiimote up, down, left, and right to the beat of a licensed song while a cartoon character gyrates on screen. If you shake the controller randomly, you'll earn a few hundred points for every shake. But if you move to the beat of the song (which resembles, in some way, dancing), you'll earn between ten and twenty times the points. So you'll want to actually dance well.

You might imagine that this will eventually become boring. You're right. This other guy and I were shaking our respective groove things to Daft Punk's "One More Time," but by about the four-minute mark, I don't know about him but my arm was certainly tired of shaking. But this is where all the rest of the gameplay will come in -- you'll take breaks from dancing to play mini-games. Once your power meter fills up you can activate it by pulling the B trigger, and then you'll have to hit a series of specific combos for more points.

Boogie also includes a microphone for karaoke. So if you want to sing "Brick House" or "You're The One That I Want" instead of just dancing to them, you're all set. And if one player wants to sing while the other dances, you're okay there too.

There's a lot of character customization options which become unlocked as you play. You'll be able to dress up your character in all sorts of costumes, but they'll also learn more combo moves which you can execute during the songs for more points.

Visually, Boogie is solid. Spectators will really get a kick out of watching the outlandish characters gyrate, and of course you'll be up there gyrating with them in front of the TV set, so that will only add to the enjoyment of those around you. Boogie will include a video mode where you can capture your on-screen character's dancing, then go in and change the camera angles and effects. You can't capture your own image, but you can record your own voice in the karaoke mode.

Electronic Arts has been rather bold about showing Boogie in various stages of incompleteness ever since it was announced at GDC. The concept is good -- they just need to figure out how to best structure the gameplay so it really feels like a game rather than an interactive musical playset.
Fonte: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/05/handson_boogie.html

Imagens novas:

boogie-20070522024755646.jpg

boogie-20070522024756396.jpg

boogie-20070522024803677.jpg

boogie-20070522024804286.jpg

boogie-20070522024804864.jpg

boogie-20070504100649327.jpg

boogie-20070504100650030.jpg

boogie-20070504100654874.jpg

boogie-20070504100655374.jpg

boogie-20070504100655889.jpg

EDIT: Trailer novo:

-> http://youtube.com/watch?v=my2huzf-ZNQ

Última edição:
Isto é uma espécie de Singstar?
Deve ser fixe para quem gosta do tipo de jogo.
N curto muito do tipo do jogo ainda por cima a parva da Nintendo faz demasiados jogos bons que eu nem sei qual deles comprar.:-D

Lista de jogos obrigatorios
-Mario Kart
-RE4
-SSBB
-Mario Strikes Charged
-Metroid Prime 3
-Super Mario Galaxi
-talvez o Battalion Wars II *
-talvez o Ninghts *

* nunca joguei este tipo de jogo mas parecem ser engraçados

Claro que alguns destes jogos só saem no fim do ano ou mesmo em 2008.

Boxart Americano: (provisório?)

Mais info:
- Region specific tracks most likely

- Video Maker mode will allow for use of 3d glasses, but it is not confirmed that they are included with the game

- 40 tracks (covers)

- Wii controls: shake the wiimote in 4 directions, A for changing move sets, B for combos, Z for character lipsync and joystick/Dpad for movement

- Microphone could be equal to this, but white:

micro_EA.jpg

- “Boogie meter” mimics SSX Blur meter

- Match your voice to the “original” voice. Pitch meter keeps track of your voice compared to original.
Fonte: http://www.revogamers.net/avances-127-Boogie,-primeras-impresiones-1.html (espanhol)

Imagens:

57311520070610_222715_0_big.jpg

57311520070610_222715_1_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_2_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_3_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_4_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_5_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_6_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_7_big.jpg

Entrevista:
Revogamers: Alain Tascan, Vice president and general manager of EA Montreal. Could you please tell us about your role in the project?
AT:
So in this project I’m the co-creator. I’m very proud of it, but it’s a work of a team. We’re almost 50 people and every taunt has been very important. I’m the General Manager of the studio so I’m also the executive producer of the product.

RG: EA has been making some big titles specifically for the Wii lately, with SSX Blur or MySims. Why did you decide to bring Boogie exclusively for this system?
AT:
We felt that it was the perfect system, because it’s something fun with the new controller… innovative music oriented and we felt that it was a perfect match between a game that is…you know, gear to give you pleasure. And the Wii, which is really based on fun and family.

RG: Have you planned downloadable tracks, creations sharing or multiplayer game via the Wii online features?
AT:
For the moment on this version, no. Everything will be on the machine and not online.

RG: How will each boog affect the gameplay?
AT:
The gameplay is the same but each character has its own animation and personal customizations. So, in the story mode you have to play all the characters and see all the animation by all the customization to really add fun and different experience. But the gameplay, the core gameplay, is the same.

RG: Will you include any region-exclusive tracks?
AT:
We’re working on it now, we cannot announce anything but we wanna include specific singing for, you know, Spanish songs for instance or songs from Spain because sometimes Spanish songs don’t work all over the place, so we’re working on it for the moment.

RG: Was a dance pad considered at an earlier development stage?
AT:
Not really. I mean, this is something we really wanted to do with the Wii controller, and try to do the best of it so we didn’t think that the pad was something that will add more to this experience.

RG: What do you think of Elite Beat Agents? Would the Boogie concept be suitable for a portable version?
AT:
So that’s very possible! Actually… (laughs). You know, I love this game and I think that this is something that we would be able to put on the NDS, probably.

RG: Speaking of music games… can we look forward to a Rock Band specific version?
AT:
I can’t talk on this, I don’t know the answer.

RG: You recently called the development costs “crazy”. How do you think Nintendo’s approach with the Wii will affect that?
AT:
(Yes, I said a lot of things… laughs) I feel that the Wii is a great machine to develop on because you don’t base everything on the biggest technology, the fastest processor but they’ve really done something really different, really creative. I think the other machines have their own quality but this machine is really good to just do something and focus on the fun and the gameplay.

RG: Boogie will face well-known music and dancing games like DDR, Wii Music or Guitar Hero. How will Boogie become the star in that dance floor?
AT:
Number one it will be the first game on the Wii to offer karaoke. It’s really this free form one on one, we want to make difference. It’s something that should play with younger audience, more… older audience, people who like more gameplay oriented like hardcore gamers… What we want to do, other than being competition is offering something that nobody’s offering. And that’s really focus on the fun and the gameplay for every ages.

RG: A last comment for the Spanish Wii user?
AT:
I think it’s like a good fiesta time (laughs). I went out yesterday in Madrid and I saw that the Spanish people are really found of going out and dancing and singing so I think this is the perfect game for this summer.

RG: Ok, that’s all. Thanks a lot for your time.
AT:
Thank you very much, gracias.
Fonte: http://www.revogamers.net/articulos-128-Boogie-entrevista-con-Alain-Tascan,-VP-de-EA-Canad%E1-1.html

Última edição:
Boogie Videogame Hits the Retail Stage This August

MONTREAL–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Shake it. Sing it. Create it. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) announced today that Boogie(TM) - an all new intellectual property in development at EA Montreal will be released for the Wii(TM) on August 7, 2007 in North America and August 31, 2007 in Europe. The game will ship to retail stores with a packed-in karaoke microphone peripheral and will feature new versions of tracks made popular by hit bands including The Jackson 5, Kool & The Gang, M.C. Hammer, The Village People, Cyndi Lauper and Britney Spears.

“We have assembled a great selection of music for the game that will appeal to players of all ages, making this dancing and karaoke game the ultimate party package for the entire family,” said Alain Tascan, Vice President and General Manager, EA Montreal. “Wii is expanding videogames to untapped markets pulling in a new audience of gamers that typically did not play games in the past; Boogie will give these diverse players something new to enjoy as well as share with their friends and family.”

Players will dance, sing and create music videos with this ultimate videogame party package that takes advantage of the innovative Wii controls getting gamers off their couch and playing to a new beat. Not only will gamers be belting out their favorite tunes or dancing to the latest hit songs, players will catch their best dance moves, record their own voice and make music videos with the easy-to-use music video creator..

Fun mini-games, co-op gameplay, head-to-head dance battles and karaoke party make Boogie the perfect party game and a complete entertainment package for gamers of all ages. This game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For updated rating information visit www.esrb.org. This game has been rated 3+ by PEGI Europe. For updated rating information visit www.pegionline.eu. For more information, videos and screens on the game, please visit the website at www.boogie.ea.com.
Fonte: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070615/20070615005110.html?.v=1 (via press release)

Sai a 31 de Agosto na Europa, mais cedo do que eu esperava.

Back