homebrew na wii

_zZz_

Professional Folder
Li isto agora, e parece-me uma excelente noticia :)

Homebrew – Media Player Heaven

There are a lot of other homebrew games, demos and applications, but most of them are either technical demos or unfinished projects. I wont get into much detail about why these projects are unfinished other then the group of coders (whom I won’t mention) who run the majority of Nintendo based homebrew sites are simply lazy.

Of course there are a select few people who stand out like SoftDev, Costis (SDLoad creator), Shagkur (LibOGC author) and the GC Linux Team. Personally, I hope with the ability to run homebrew on the Nintendo Wii that we will see some interesting projects developed as the homebrew development kit has been in progress since the GameCube days meaning you can do a lot with it – the possibilities are endless!

One of the best pieces of homebrew to come out is a front end for the Linux version of Mplayer. Utilizing GC Linux, which is contained in a self-bootable file that doesn’t require a connection to your PC, the GC Linux team has managed to create MFE. Mplayer Front End (MFE) is a very powerful multimedia player which can handle the playback of all kinds of media files including Divx, Xvid, AVI, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB (DVD), MP3, OGG, etc … Check Mplayer’s homepage for a very long list of files it can decode.

What’s even better about MFE running on the Wii is the fact you’re not longer limited to the 1.4GB limitation of the disc. So you can fill up a DVD5 or DVD9 (dual layer) with all kinds of files and watch them on your Nintendo Wii. It’s one amazing piece of homebrew and a must have if you’re going to be modding your console. Please see Mod ya’ Wii’s MFE guide for instructions on how to create a DVD5/9 MFE disc.

podem ler o resto aqui
http://modyawii.tehskeen.com/index.php?page=mfe.html

Última edição:
Parece que os media players começaram :D Agora falta meter um Wii Linux a correr nativamente para usar todas as features e memória extras da Wii e uma forma de se tornar fácil de usufruir para o utilizador comum, um pouco como o XBMC é (que por sinal é open source)

temos que ter chip na consola para correr o homebrew ne?
Não necessariamente, o freeloader para a GC não é mais que parte do bootcode do Crazy Taxy para a Gamecube... essa compatibilidade não foi quebrada no modo gamecube, a razão pela qual freeloaders antigos deixaram de funcionar é a mesma das GC's brancas, deixaram de tolerar a hipótese de haver software sem bloqueio de região, por não haverem jogos comerciais nessas condições, foi facilmente resolvido bloqueando a região nos freeloaders novos.

Deve ser possivel fazer 1 LiveCD de linux, e/ou arrancar este MFE para a RAM de forma não intrusiva.

Back