1333 FSB Mod, Confirmed To Be Working .

mascarilha

I folded Myself
1333 FSB Mod, Confirmed To Be Working

Updated for Easier Pic.

This is showing the bottom of the CPU as if you had it upside down, facing you.

Original Post.

got bored tonight and was looking around at VR forums and came across a old pic Shamino posted awhile back and thought... why not give it a shot...

so I took one of my spare conroes, and got my conductive ink pen, did the mod, let it dry, took my PC apart and popped this in... and it almost worked.

it booted at 1333, then I rebooted, and it went back to 1066... and was jumping back and forth.
so I took the CPU out, and saw, I didnt have a nice clean connection between the two BSEL pads... so I traced over it again, and let it dry, blah blah blah...

10 minutes later... it works.
now, it's working just fine.

boots up everytime at 7 x 333.

no big deal really since I know this CPU can do over 590, but its still fun to have a higher default FSB for the hell of it. :D

I wanted to see if this works, so I could try it on my quad core CPU...
hoping theres a slim chance in hell, that if it boots at 1333, the chipset strap will be looser, and give me some extra OC room.
thats a 1-100 shot... but if I never do it, how can I say it wont work??

atleast this one worked.

what would be kinda interesting, is if you took a E4300, and did this mod to it, assuming you knew the CPU could do 3 ghz, it would boot up at 9 x 333 for 3 ghz.
that would be pretty cool for those cheap boards that been coming out at Frys and such, with the CPU.

anyways, next try is to make my Quad Core do the same thing...
not really holding my breath on it, but its worth a shot.

heres the boot up speed I got from CPUZ after the mod.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=165085

total down time, about 20-30 minutes, to take it apart, do the mod, let it dry and put it back together.

last note...
before doing this kinda mod, make sure you have a bios on your board that will allow a 1333 FSB CPU to be used in that board.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132900

simplesmente brutal para quem tem E4300 , E6300 e E6400 :D

cumps

Última edição:
Este mod não é para qualquer core2duo, apenas para os que têm FSB default a 1066. No caso do E4300, o mod é diferente... Vejam a tabela dos BSEL.

E apenas dá jeito para boards que: 1) suportem FSB 1333 e 2) não tenham forma de mudar na BIOS.

O mod para o E4300 de 800 para 1066 dá jeito por exemplo para algumas boards mais básicas que suportam FSB 1066 (algumas mATX, por exemplo).

Última edição:
Ele tem um 6300 por isso achoq ue o multi dele já é bem baixo logo não lhe deve fazer grande diferença:)

o multi do e6300 e baixo, mas e exelente pa fazer OC este cpu mesmo com o cooler de origem, estes c2d sao feitos pa fazer OC :D proximo cpu c2d k comprar vai ser gama alta...por isso n tenciono fazer OC.

é uma boa descoberta, mas numa board que já consiga obter um fsb na zona dos 500 não estou a ver a utilidade. Só é útil caso se use uma board fraca no meu ponto de vista.

caneta sinceramente nunca vi. e fui procurar a uma loja de electronica e eles disseram q ainda nao tinham visto muito por ai. mas comprei um frasquito e arranjei um pincel dos vernizes das unhas e funciona perfeitamente. só um aparte, aquilo demora a secar como tudo, pensei q fosse mais rápido.

Back