a Mysterious Chip Appear on nForce 780i SLI

[First Look] NVIDIA 3-way SLI

02NV3SLI.jpg

03NV3SLI.jpg

05NV3SLI.jpg

xtremesystems

cumps

NVIDIA's nForce 780i Delayed Until December Due to Penryn Issues

The NVIDIA nForce 780i chipset has been reported for having issues with Intel's Penryn processors. The exact issues remain unknown but the chipset will be delayed an additional two months and will not expected until December. NordicHardware also reports that the nForce 780i might possibly be the same as the nForce 680i with an additional PCIe bridge chipset and identical performance. However, we all hope the 780i will be much more than its predecessor.

Source: NordicHardware

Source: TechPowerUp

cumps

Nvidia to launch Intel-based nForce 780i chipset in December

Nvidia is planning to launch its Intel-based nForce 780i chipset in December this year, however mass shipments will not occur until January next year, according to sources at motherboard makers.

The nForce 780 SLI chipset will be available to two forms, the nForce 780i SLI (C72 XE) supporting Intel and nForce 780a SLI (C72 P) supporting AMD, noted the sources.

The nForce 780i will target Intel's X38 chipsets as its major competitor. It will support PCI Express 2.0 and 3-way SLI technology with three PCI Express x16 slots. Motherboard pricing will be around US$200, noted the sources.

With most of the features of the 780i similar to those of the X38 with the added benefit of 3-way SLI, some motherboard makers expect the chipset to have a good chance of performing well in the market. The chipset will also feature Nvidia's ESA (enthusiast system architecture) to monitor the PC hardware status, added the sources

In related news, Nvidia's support for DDR3 will show up in the first quarter next year, according to the sources.

Source: DigiTimes

cumps

Back