[Wii] Developer Support Thread

Jogo da treasure para a Wii possivelmente apresentado no TGS:

Remember the Wii title he said they wanted to work on last year? Well, Maegawa confirmed that it's indeed in the works now and that it's from the "action" team at Treasure (there are three main lines at Treasure: fighting, shooting, and action). Previous titles from the "action" team have included Gunstar Heroes and Guardian Heroes, so there should be plenty reason for Wii fans to get excited about this one.

Fonte:1up

Se saísse um novo Guardian Heroes ao nível do da Sega Saturn, acho que me babava todo:drooling:

Se é o mesmo Space Channel 5 que saiu para a Dreamcast e que querem fazer para a Wii antes prefiro que estejam quietos, só dá má imagem à consola.

Se é o mesmo Space Channel 5 que saiu para a Dreamcast e que querem fazer para a Wii antes prefiro que estejam quietos, só dá má imagem à consola.
Acho que isso está, à partida, fora de questão... A acontecer é nas linhas do NiGHTS ou do Samba de Amigo Wii... Rez é que pela natureza do gameplay e direcção artistica... não precisa até porque envelheceu muito pouco.

O mesmo não se pode dizer de Space Channel 5, e o gameplay teria de ser bem adaptado, Rez seria bem mais facil, era só re-programar o aiming do joystick para o wiimote com sensor bar e remapear uns butões... Uma abordagem semelhante no SC5 seria a meu ver, um desastre.

Update :D

True Soul Calibur Wii game is a possibility?

When I was testing Soul Calibur Legends out, the first thing that popped into mind was the motion controls in Bleach: Shattered Blade. So I asked Jin Okubo, the producer of Soul Calibur Legends, if there will ever be a Soul Calibur fighting game on the Wii maybe in the vein of Bleach: Shattered Blade. Here’s what he said back:

“As far as a Bleach style fighting games that’s a possibility. That’s not something the team specifically has in the works right now, but it’s not something that you can definitely rule out. Right now, what the team has been focusing on reproducing the players actions on screen. Right now, they are focusing on games that link the characters on screen and the player. That’s why we have a game like Soul Calibur Legends now because we feel it really links the player and the character. That’s something we feel a third person perspective game is suited towards. As far as where the [Soul Calibur] series is going to go from here it’s up in the air at this point. Obviously, it depends on how fans react to Soul Calibur Legends, but it could be going in different directions.”
Fonte:siliconera

True Soul Calibur Wii game is a possibility?
Venha ele; e com gráficos que puxem a Wii como o SC3 puxava a PS2 se faz favore. (não podemos dizer o mesmo do SC Legends).

Mais uma engine:

Scaleform Releases Scaleform GFx UI Solution for Wii™

Greenbelt, MD, September 26, 2007: Scaleform Corporation, the leader in hardware-accelerated user interface (UI) and scalable vector graphics engines for games announced today that Scaleform GFx has been released as a 3rd Party Tools solution for Wii™.

“Nintendo has reshaped the home entertainment and video game landscape with the launch of its heralded Wii console. We have ensured that Scaleform GFx complements Nintendo’s commitment to a fun and easy to use game experience. Using Scaleform GFx on Wii, artists will be able to rapidly create and deploy high-quality content that enhances the overall user interface experience.” said Brendan Iribe, President and CEO of Scaleform

Scaleform GFx enables game developers to move from a programmer-centric static UI development environment to an artist-driven dynamic UI and animated texture production pipeline. Using Scaleform GFx and proven visual tools such as Adobe Flash™, rapid game UI development on Wii has never been easier.

“We made sure the Scaleform GFx architecture works well with existing game engines on Wii, as well as new ones. Moreover, Scaleform GFx delivers a range of cursor features designed to take advantage of the Wii Remote’s enormous potential. With Scaleform GFx, developers can have the best of both worlds: artist-based data-driven content and hardware-accelerated scalable graphics.”

Scaleform GFx rich media platform is built on the Scaleform VGx™ hardware accelerated vector graphics technology, which tessellates vector graphic shapes into triangles that modern 3D video cards can render. By converting the data into triangles, Scaleform VGx can output vector graphics many times faster than traditional software rasterizers, allowing it to be used within high-performance full-screen multimedia environments.

To date, Scaleform GFx has been licensed for more than 100 game titles ranging from massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs), high-end retail PC / console games, and casual games.
Fonte: http://pulsastart.blogspot.com/2007/09/scaleform-gfx-se-une-las-herramientas.html

E... Mais um Middleware:

NaturalMotion's Release of Morpheme 1.2 Adds Wii Support

NaturalMotion announces that morpheme 1.2, the latest version of its animation middleware, adds support for Nintendo's Wii console. morpheme is robust middleware designed to give developers and animators unprecedented creative control over the look of their final in-game animation by allowing them to author and preview blends, blend trees and transition graphs in real time. In addition to Wii, morpheme is also available on PlayStation3, Xbox 360 and PC.

morpheme consists of two components: morpheme:runtime and morpheme:connect. morpheme:runtime is a run-time engine optimized for PlayStation3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC, and ships with full source code. morpheme:connect is a 3D authoring application that allows animators to graphically author blend trees and transition logic (based on Hierarchical Finite State Machines), modify and edit parameters through sliders and view the results in real-time. morpheme is designed as a flexible and open system and does not require the licensing of any other product. morpheme is also designed to seamlessly integrate with other middleware and DCC applications.
Fonte: http://home.nestor.minsk.by/game/news/2007/10/1101.html

SEGA Bass Fishing Coming to Wii

SEGA announces SEGA Bass Fishing for the Wii system. With content developed exclusively for the Wii, SEGA Bass Fishing will be released in early 2008.

SEGA Bass Fishing is back and better than ever returning with all-new intuitive controls utilizing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. With over 20 different types of lures to choose from, gamers can cast off using the Wii Remote to try and land one of four different types of freshwater bass. SEGA Bass Fishing also offers gamers the freedom to select time-of-day and season during play which impacts the activity of the fish, their appetite, and their depth. When players hook a big one, they can use the motion sensor to reel it in! Featuring 15 beautifully designed lake environments, SEGA Bass Fishing has four fun-filled game modes including Arcade, Tournament, Practice and Nature Trip modes.
Fonte: http://home.nestor.minsk.by/game/news/2007/10/0908.html

fishingrodwithbassandmave0.jpg

Wiimcast :p

Electronic Arts just announced that they have "acquired" both BioWare and Pandemic Studios. EA cut a deal with Elevation Partners to buy up VG Holding Corp, which owns both companies.

Frank Gibeau, president of the games label, said EA expects games to be created in "10 plus" franchises as well as the MMO that Bioware's Austin office is working on.

Of the ten plus franchises there are many titles that have not yet been announced but will be in the near future. They do include Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Mercenaries, Saboteur, Neverwinter Knights and several others.

EA said Bioware and Pandemic have several titles that have been targeted for the DS and the Wii.

The dialog engine in Mass Effect which could be used for other games in the future.

EA brings a lot to the table in the deal, Riccitiello says. They can "offer them the leverage of the world's best publisher", much more in the way of online and much more in the way of mobile.

"We are not in the open world action adventure business, these guys are leaders. Strong intellectual properties and talent."

Of the ten titles that the EA folks referenced earlier, the games are expected to be spread out from now to 2011.
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea-grabs-two-devs/ea-buys-bioware-pandemic-309937.php

Bioware na Wii! :D

Última edição:
What's next for Renegade Kid?

Jools Watsham::
We had a blast developing Dementium: The Ward for the Nintendo DS and aim to continue developing games for the Nintendo DS. Our goal is to take advantage of our 3D engine and develop games that we're able to focus all of our attention on the content and not have to worry so much about the engine and learning what we can and can't do. We are now authorized Wii developers, so we'll be looking into some of that action too.
Fonte: http://www.modojo.com/features/20071012/245/interview_dementium_the_ward/

Desejo-lhes sorte.

Entrevista com o Falcoon da SNK:

4cr: Another recent change is that games are going high definition. Does this offer any advantages or challenges to your work?

Falcoon:
High definition doesn’t really make the work that much harder. It is a tool we can use. However, High definition does make the games much more expensive to produce. When things cost so much, you can’t afford to make any mistakes.

4cr: On that same topic, right now the best selling console system is also the most underpowered graphically, the Nintendo Wii. Have you played it?

Falcoon:
Yes, I have. It’s fun.

4cr: Is it a system you are interested in working on or do think that the graphics limit what you can do with it?

Falcoon:
If I were making a game for the Wii the most important thing would be to make sure it is a game that should be on the Wii. What I mean is that it should be a game suited for the hardware. I suppose the most important feature for the Wii game is the controller. The graphics and style would be made to fit that game. Just because it is not powerful does not mean that the art has to have a limit.
Fonte: http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2007/10/11/tgs-4cr-interview-falcoon-snk-playmore/

4cr: Is it a system you are interested in working on or do think that the graphics limit what you can do with it?

Falcoon: If I were making a game for the Wii the most important thing would be to make sure it is a game that should be on the Wii. What I mean is that it should be a game suited for the hardware. I suppose the most important feature for the Wii game is the controller. The graphics and style would be made to fit that game. Just because it is not powerful does not mean that the art has to have a limit.
Muito bem dito. Eu até dou muito mais valor à 'arte', do que a um poderoso grafismo que faz-nos visualizar quase a realidade. Agora, há é poucos jogos com tal arte visual, a tal genialidade de um traço bem construído.

Muito bem dito. Eu até dou muito mais valor à 'arte', do que a um poderoso grafismo que faz-nos visualizar quase a realidade. Agora, há é poucos jogos com tal arte visual, a tal genialidade de um traço bem construído.
Só não sublinhei essa parte porque discordo de certo modo em dizer que uma consola não é "potente" :p, pode é não ser potente como as outras; mas ele deve decerto saber isso; para SD... é relativamente potente.

Só não sublinhei essa parte porque discordo de certo modo em dizer que uma consola não é "potente" :p, pode é não ser potente como as outras; mas ele deve decerto saber isso; para SD... é relativamente potente.

Sim, eu não queria dar a entender que a consola não é potente, e acho que nem o próprio queria. Terá sido, com certeza, uma pequena comparação à concorrência.

Sim, eu não queria dar a entender que a consola não é potente, e acho que nem o próprio queria. Terá sido, com certeza, uma pequena comparação à concorrência.
Eu sei ;) e também digo... nunca vi gráficos 3D de topo da SNK (*cough* KoF 3D *cough*)... mas o 2D deles continua a ser de topo, independentemente do hardware.

Level-5 interessada em trabalhar na Wii:

Are you ready to do a Wii game?

Hiroshi Akira Hino: Wii is really interesting, I want to make a game for it in the near future.
Fonte: http://www.inside-games.jp/news/244/24411.html

Quem sabe se o desejo deles não é concretizado via Dragon Quest X :) Mas qualquer RPG deles seria bem vindo.

Entrevista com a Treasure na revista Nintendo Power:

NP: When we spoke a couple of years ago, you mentioned that you would like to do a sequel to Sin and Punishment. Has the team given any more thought to that? And don’t you think it would be a perfect fit for Wii?

Masato Maegawa, Treasure:
When we were originally working on Sin and Punishment [for Virtual Console], there was some discussion utilizing Wii-like controls, and I think now that we’re working more with the Wii, it is something we’d very much like to try.
Fonte: http://www.the-bell-tree.com/vg/ind...ll&id=1193085373&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&

Novo Sin and Punishment possivel na Wii? 8| bring it on! E metam o Ikaruga no Wiiware (apesar de eu o ter), se faz favore, que com jeitinho fica abaixo dos 70 MB. :D

Developer do Psychonauts:

Q: Why didn’t you make Psychonauts for the GameCube? Do you hate Nintendo? And if that’s true, what’s your address, because I’m coming over to kill you right now. I’m going to show you my Pokemans, and it will be the last thing you ever see.

Tim Schafer:
Settle down, fanboy. No one loves Nintendo more than me (well, maybe this guy). Most of my all time favorite games are Nintendo games. I have touched Shigeru Miyamoto with my bare hands!!! (He was very soft and pleasant.) Double Fine would love to make something for Nintendo’s fine machine, but it’s not up to us. It’s the publisher’s money, so they get to decide what platform to invest in. In other words, IT’S NOT OUR FAULT! I personally would have loved to make Psychonauts for the Gamecube. (Well, not literally me personally. I would have loved to tell someone else to make it, and I would have loved to watch them do it, and I would have loved yelling, “Faster! Faster!” as they worked.) I really hope we get a chance to make a game for the Wii some day. Why don’t you spam your favorite publisher with mail right now and ask them to send us money to make a Wii game? (And a little extra money for a pool table?)
Fonte: http://kotaku.com/gaming/psychonauts/anyone-for-more-psychonauts-313783.php

:D

Excertos de um artigo do Advanced Media Network:

Dogma: The Wii Software Problem

"An unfortunate dogma has formed in the past decade among the development community and the Nintendo Wii is suffering from its effects. The common misconception that only Nintendo-published titles can be successful on Nintendo platforms has caused publishers to shy away from their latest console and instead just pepper it with mediocre games to test the waters.When these games do not sell well in comparison to Nintendo's first-party blockbusters, these companies use that as proof to justify their previous beliefs and the cycle continues.
(...)
Unfortunately, despite the Wii's success many members of the development community still subscribe to the belief that only Nintendo-published software can find success on their platforms. If these individuals actually scanned the sales charts they would see a very different picture. Despite not producing a single game that averages 9.0 from major gaming publications, third parties have made respectable profit on the Wii. Ubi Soft in particular, with Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids, has found success on the platform without producing a single title worthy of critical acclaim. Sega released a Sonic the Hedgehog title on all three platforms and the Wii version sold best. This was in spite of the fact the 360 and PS3 Sonics were released during the holiday season and the Wii version went to retail in March, a traditionally slow period. Capcom's Resident Evil 4 remake sold respectably as well despite the fact Wii owners could buy the GameCube version for half the price and still play it on the same console. With all the mediocre titles succeeding on Wii, it makes one wonder how a fantastic and critically-acclaimed effort would do. The problem is that the development community has taken what was once a reality– that Nintendo fans only play Nintendo games– and have set that in stone to the point where it has become dogma. No amount of evidence seems to sway this opinion, and the standards of comparison are far from fair.
(...)
Thus far, no publisher has stepped up to the plate with a Wii game that can rival Nintendo's best efforts. We're seeing those games on other platforms but not on the Wii. Publishers are trotting out second and third tier titles and expecting them to do as well as Zelda or Mario, and this is simply an unreasonable expectation. If publishers want to see better results on Nintendo hardware, they need to start bringing better games to the platforms. It's easy to simply say that third parties do better on the 360 than on the Wii and assume that it's because of some bias Nintendo fans have, but a look at the context simply destroys that point of view.
(...)
Another interesting point to note, and something that has perhaps been overlooked in this entire debate, is that the quality of major Nintendo titles has been incredibly controversial ever since the GameCube. During the N64's lifespan, Nintendo was the undisputed best software developer on the planet, with revolutionary titles like Mario 64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time to bolster that reputation, so it was understandable for publishers to be a bit intimidated by that. But for the last six years, Nintendo's own fans have been embroiled in spirited debates about whether the latest editions to the company's flagship franchises are even worthy successors at all. Nintendo is no longer the unquestionable alpha dog of the industry and because of this many Nintendo fans are more open to outside ideas.
(...)
NCL needs to take a page out of Sony's book and leverage their superior install base for some key exclusives in traditional genres. If developers are still hesitant, which they no doubt will be thanks to the aforementioned dogma, then sweeten the pot a bit. Reduce licensing fees on specific titles or agree to set aside a set advertising budget to assist AAA exclusives. These sorts of sweetheart deals will get developers in the door. By giving them a favorable situation where they feel they cannot fail, even with their belief that Nintendo's titles will sell better regardless, it gives them the opportunity to unknowingly prove themselves wrong. If Nintendo gives Namco a great deal on a major project and it is incredibly successful, they won't have to push them again. The publisher will begin another project, and if several key titles from crucial publishers are treated in this way, the situation will snowball in Nintendo's favor. The sales data thus far should makes this a risk worth taking from a business perspective.
(...)
If Nintendo commits to reinvesting some of the ridiculous profit they've gleaned from their recent success into strengthening third party relationships, they will be paid back by that gamble several times over. By giving publishers a perfect situation to succeed, Nintendo can open their eyes to the profit they can make on their platform and the games will continue to come without need of any further coaxing."
Artigo completo: http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=10917

Esse artigo é muito bom; tenho alguns reparos a fazer no entanto... Todos os fabricantes de consolas fazem descida de fee's para alguns titulos, é uma maneira de muitas vezes conseguir um timed exclusive, ou precisamente... tirar duvidas à developer em apostar na consola. Simplesmente não é algo do dominio publico, senão todas umas developers sentiam-se injustiçadas por não terem o mesmo tratamento, etc... Há sempre NDA's nessas questões, mas não quer dizer que a Nintendo não as pratique em casos pontuais (falou-se na altura do RE4 na GC que era o caso).

Por exemplo... com o Dragon Quest 9 na DS a Nintendo é que vai pagar a publicidade do jogo no Japão. Há uma troca de favores, apesar de fazer o jogo para a DS também dê jeito à Square-Enix. É muito possivel que as fee's de licenciamento também sejam mais baixas.

Assassin's Creed on Wii "Possible," Would Be Different

Jade Raymond speaks out on possibility of Assassin's Creed for Wii. Jade Raymond, Producer of Assassin's Creed, recently admitted in an interview that it would be possible to get the game on the Wii, but the end product would be much different than that of the 360 and PS3.

In a recent interview with gamers-spirit.de, Raymond was asked if a Wii version would be possible.

"It would be possible, if we completely changed the gameplay, just like the DS-version. But it wouldn't be the same experience. Unfortunately, it hasn't got the same power as the PS3 and 360."

Raymond went on to admit that if the Wii had been of the same power level as the 360 and PS3, the team would have considered a Wii port.

A DS version is also in the works but, according to Raymond, her team has had nothing to do with the portable version. Hopefully the portable stab-fest will come out as good as its big brother.

Assassin's Creed hits stores November 13th.

Fonte: http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=11011

Bizzare fala da possibilidade de desenvolver para a Wii: (Bizzarre=Meninos do PGR)

“We enjoy working on any technology, whatever the capabilities - as they’re all a challenge. A Wii racer sounds interesting, especially with the cool racing wheel, but of course we can’t discuss any plans for the future as yet, sorry!” - Bizarre’s Commercial Director Sarah Chudley
Fonte: http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/01-11-2007-6802.html

Eis algo que eu definitivamente gostava de ver, faltam Racers do género (e dos bons) na Wii. Seria até uma boa oportunidade para eles devido à falta de concorrência, digo eu.

Equipa do Time Crisis 4 fala na Wii:

What about bringing light gun games like Point Blank to the Wii? After I asked the question two members of the team laughed and one said, “we’re thinking about it. Plans are up in the air now.”
Fonte: http://www.siliconera.com/2007/11/0...-is-in-the-hands-of-third-party-devs/#respond

Point Blank Wii? E porque não Time Crisis Wii? :) (o Time Crisis 4 corria em hardware PS2 de arcade, apesar de ter sido agora portado para a PS3, não há qualquer problema técnico em fazê-lo correr na Wii)

Entrevista com o presidente da Square-Enix, Wada Yoichi com a nikkei:

- The Main Platforms for Square Enix are the Nintendo Platforms and PS3. The Lionshare of the Developers and our infrastructure as well as our capital is for NDS, Wii and PS3 and this is not going to change.

- We are astonished by Wiis success and the nintendo dominance. We thought that the PS3 and the Wii will coexist due to the difference between both strategies, but in the end the users will decide which platform we develop on. The SCE Platforms at this point are a bit of a challenge.

- We think we can do much on the Wii. I talked to Iwata to exploit many possibilities and cheer on him
Fonte: http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?main=ps&table=game_ps04&page=1&left=b&num=37133

About time! agora mostrem é jogos, porque neste momento até a PSP; com o FF7CC, um KH a vir, o Dissidia, remakes do Star Ocean 1 e 2 e ports de jogos square-enix retro a dar com um pau... tem mais suporte... e nem aparece na lista das plataformas prioritárias; em suma... se é assim... como o puseram (e com a omissão da PSP) espero muito e bom suporte; mas ainda não o estou a ver.

Última edição:
Back