Intel Launches X38 Express Chipset

De facto, devo ter lido mal.....mas aqui fica:

Home Intel to launch X48 high end chipset Written by Fuad Abazovic Thursday, 30 August 2007 08:07
intel_logo_new.gif

At the same time as X38

Intel will release a special version of the X38 chipset called X48 and this new old chipset will simply be the faster iteration of X38. This chipset is described as an overclockers dream and will be shipped to selected partners only.

Tier one the usual suspect including Asus will be among first to get them. These boards will be the top of the iceberg and they will be the best of the best, and so will the chipset.

It will be interesting to get our hands on it as X38 / X48 motherboard will leave all P35 boards sitting in the dust.

Mas fotos das futuras X38:

http://www.tweaktown.com/computex2007/25/intel_x38_motherboards_galore/index.html

ASUS X38 R.O.G board is called "Maximus"

article_img.jpg

So Asus has named its next Republic of Gamer motherboard the Maximus. In the same vein as the P35 Blitz board, there will be the Formula DDR2 and Extreme DDR3 varieties to choose from.

No word yet on features, cooling or just about anything other than a name and the availability will be "early September". When we enquired about the possibility of the manual being written in Latin or whether you had to fight to the death in order to be worthy of purchasing one, we got a worrying reply: "Yep, I'm getting my gladiator costume ready as we speak;".

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/08...motherboards/1
Cumps

Coming soon

Asus ROG X38 might be the best overclocking board around and we’ve heard that it might be the first board with the X48 version of the X38 chipset. We are not sure if the final name will include X38 or X48 as the brand. ROG stands for Republic of Gamers and no, it is not a real country.

As we’ve said before, it's the cherry picks of the X38 chipset that will overclock even higher and it will set the bars even more.This board will have the X48 chipset and it will cost €250+ and it will leave all the P35 boards eating dust.

A lot of people are excited about this board, but even more so the manufacturers of DDR3 memory.

Fudzilla

Intel X48 Coming - Slightly Faster Than X38

Rumors have started circulating about Intel's new X48 chipset. The new chipset is said to be faster and offer better overclocking than the previous X38, which should be coming this week. The X48 plans to appear only a few short weeks after the X38 is launched.

Source: NordicHardware

cumps

First Thoughts

It is hard to find any faults with the X38 chipset at this time. Even though we are working with an engineering sample that has been around the block a few times and an early engineering BIOS that is designed more for debugging the chipset than providing top performance, it still manages to outperform a fairly mature P35 equipped motherboard that offers excellent performance in its own right.

We are generally impressed with the Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 motherboard and look forward to providing updated results with our retail board once the release BIOS arrives in the lab. Even in its early state, the performance is very good and stability has been excellent throughout several days of 24/7 benchmark testing. In fact, we found the stability, performance, and compatibility of this early engineering sample to be better than several retails boards we are currently testing.

Although in early testing it appears the power consumption of this board is up to 18W higher than a similarly equipped GA-P35-DQ6 board, we did not find the increased thermal loads creating any issues during testing. With the added number of PCI-E lanes and the same process technology, we didn't really expect a decrease in power requirements, though it would have been nice to get that as well. We will provide full thermal and power consumption numbers shortly, but we can say without a doubt that the X38 MCH will bring a new meaning to the word "heat" when overclocking.

humm já explica alguma coisa.

esperava bem mais, afinal a diferença para o p35 nao é grande coisa.

É natural, o chip de ambas as northbridges é idêntico.
Apenas escolhem os melhores (os que conseguem velocidades mais elevadas para o controlador de memória) para o X38.
Já faziam o mesmo procedimento para diferenciar os i865 dos i875, os i915 dos i925, os i945 dos i955/975, etc.
Aliás, se quisermos ser mesmo rigorosos, poderemos dizer que os P35 e X38 são apenas steppings mais avançados do chip P965, já que partilham a mesma estrutura-base, são todos fabricados a 90nm e há indicações de que o P965 também suportava DDR3 durante a fase de prototipagem/assemblagem em Taiwan, mas como não havia DDR3 no mercado e a fiabilidade com esse tipo de RAM aínda não era famoso, o suporte foi desactivado (tal como o Hyperthreading tinha sido nos Pentium 4 "Northwood").

Business as usual.

É natural, o chip de ambas as northbridges é idêntico.
Apenas escolhem os melhores (os que conseguem velocidades mais elevadas para o controlador de memória) para o X38.
Já faziam o mesmo procedimento para diferenciar os i865 dos i875, os i915 dos i925, os i945 dos i955/975, etc.
Aliás, se quisermos ser mesmo rigorosos, poderemos dizer que os P35 e X38 são apenas steppings mais avançados do chip P965, já que partilham a mesma estrutura-base, são todos fabricados a 90nm e há indicações de que o P965 também suportava DDR3 durante a fase de prototipagem/assemblagem em Taiwan, mas como não havia DDR3 no mercado e a fiabilidade com esse tipo de RAM aínda não era famoso, o suporte foi desactivado (tal como o Hyperthreading tinha sido nos Pentium 4 "Northwood").

Business as usual.

então e o X48 vai ser um genero de escolha dos melhores x38?

então e o X48 vai ser um genero de escolha dos melhores x38?

Exacto, e com preços/disponibilidade no mercado a condizer, pelo menos por agora.

Na família do i945P também existíu um i955X (alguém aínda se lembra dele ?) no topo da gama de chipsets Intel, mas depressa o "reciclaram" com suporte Crossfire (dividindo as lanes por dois slots em x8/x8) e chamaram-lhe i975X.

Até é possível que o X48, a existir, seja uma versão dual-socket (mas aínda em LGA 775) do X38, já que a motherboard que a Intel usa actualmente para o suposto sistema de entusiastas (chipset 5000X) é caríssima, funciona com memórias mais lentas -FB-DIMM DDR2-, é demasiado grande e não suporta Crossfire ou SLI (reparem que até o i945GM dos portáteis já suporta SLI :D...).

Exacto, e com preços/disponibilidade no mercado a condizer, pelo menos por agora.

Na família do i945P também existíu um i955X (alguém aínda se lembra dele ?) no topo da gama de chipsets Intel, mas depressa o "reciclaram" com suporte Crossfire (dividindo as lanes por dois slots em x8/x8) e chamaram-lhe i975X.

Até é possível que o X48, a existir, seja uma versão dual-socket (mas aínda em LGA 775) do X38, já que a motherboard que a Intel usa actualmente para o suposto sistema de entusiastas (chipset 5000X) é caríssima, funciona com memórias mais lentas -FB-DIMM DDR2-, é demasiado grande e não suporta Crossfire ou SLI (reparem que até o i945GM dos portáteis já suporta SLI :D...).

portanto, o que vai render é esperar que começem a sair boards com x38 para as com o P35 descerem de preço e compramos uma P35.........alguma falha na minha logica? a diferença de preço não deve compensar ir para x38....

Back