[FW2007] Forum Wars 2007 (competition) English

Ultra Extreme is a players only competition, there are no teams.
There's no limit on players entering the UE Class....
A thru E teams are 4 man teams...
5 weeks til we start, lets get techzonept signed up soon....
Ray

Última edição:
Thanks Raymo.

That's a good news cause we have some members interested on UE class :)

I think we need a "forum captain" (someone from our forum's staff) to sign us @ TRP to join the competition.

Let's get ready ppl. The party is starting very soon ;)

Might be a good Idea to start a new thread with a list of players, so you can have some idea of how many people want to play..

eu acho isto uma grande fantochada e um bocado mal explicado. mas sou só eu por isso nao façam caso. e não, não tenho problemas com o inglês.

Submitted Scores need to look like this...
Raymo's Stock Forum Wars 2007 Demo Score (Good for May 26,2007)
Rig Spec's.....
Intel E6700 @ 2667mhz
EVGA 680i mobo
EVGA 8800GTX
Geil 6400 Esoteria
Dualcore
No SLI
Water cooling
Stock Scores......
3d01 --- 49805
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9205818
3d03 --- 39077
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=5377796
3d05 --- 16047
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=3079229

Aquamark --- 147980

Crystalmark... (would not post a link)
ALU --- 23485
FPU --- 28117
MEM --- 14483

Super PI 1m --- 19.625

There should not be any errors, this is the way I would like the score posts to look like.
Take note of CPUz and the dates at the bottom right of the screenshots....
They must be there to be valid... MUST BE THERE!!! no exceptions....

Hi there.

Raymo, we want to sign up. Everyone interested, should post in the raptor pit, isn't it? or it's enough one post from the forum leader (which seems to be me) telling the nicknames and competition where they will compete...

yet another question, well, we know we are not allowed to make upgrades to the rig, but people were asking if is possible to make downgrades, I, mean, can people use, for instance a PCI card like an S3 Trio, when they run super pi?

The rules state no upgrades, but do not specify downgrades....
No hardware changes should be made after the stock scores have been posted.
So the answer is no.... I will list your forum.

Good luck Everybody (keep recruiting players til the posting deadline)

Current list of participating forums

Asus Independent
Overclockers-Anonymous
PC Pitstop
OverclockerZ Forum
Overclockers Club
The Raptor Pit
Tecno Computer Italia
BenchZone
FMC
Bleedinedge
ClanOSAZ
OCForums
PlanetAMD64
Dev Hardware Forums
PC Apex Forums
Extreme Systems
Techzone
Xoxide (interested)
NordicHardware (interested)
AwardFabrik Forum (interested)
Techsweden (interested)
Hardware Asylum (interested)
Tiburcc.it (interested)
hardware.no (interested)
SOJ (interested)
OCXtreme (might be interested)
HardwareAnalysis (might be interested)

Koncaman disse:
in essence the rules are pretty much OK, maybe there are some things to review, for instance:

-to allow downgrades in player's rigs (in case of hardware problems, it's always easier to find a cheaper component to replace)
-to allow sub-zero cooling in the A Teams, or allow 1 sub-zero cooling per team...

-make the rules easier to read, less text, more structured things... yes, I know that there are a lot of situations, and examples to put in the rules.

and then, one thing that I'm really determined to promote is the % of performance gain associated to an overclcock/tweak.
let me explain, today, people look to much at the scores and nothing more, if I was able to take 5ghz out of an athlon XP and win over 200% over the default scores, no one would really notice, because I wasn't able to present leading scores in the ORB, or break any World Record (apart from the AXP frequency record)... People really need to have fully actualized hardware to participate efficiently in a contest like that (obviously you need the best hardware to have possibility to discuss the leading in any class)... and I truly believe that this fact, is throwing away lots of good overclockers out of contests like these one.

Newer hardware is always cool, but, people had to spend money to keep actualized rig's, and not everyone is motivated to do so.

I really thing that overclocking contests should give much more attention to the performance gain (in %) associated to an overclock, so everyone could enter a contest like this, and no one would be excluded because had not enough money to buy really good hardware to enter.

I appreciate that we even had a PIII Tualatin in this competition , but that’s a rig for someone that just want to overclock something (and that’s the right spirit! And the spirit that we should see around, in the overclocking world), and someone that don’t give a great importance to the scores and positions…

I hope you understand my message

Regards

deixei isso no TRP, na thread em que o raymo pergunta se esta tudo bem com as regras

voces percebem alguma coisa?

sempre que quero dizer alguma coisa mais complexa em ingles, meto-me sempre a inventar expressões malaicas, e acho que meto os pés plas mãos.

deixei isso no TRP, na thread em que o raymo pergunta se esta tudo bem com as regras

voces percebem alguma coisa?

sempre que quero dizer alguma coisa mais complexa em ingles, meto-me sempre a inventar expressões malaicas, e acho que meto os pés plas mãos.

a mensagem esta bem explicita, mas tens ali alguns erritos (nada de grave, porque de certeza que muitos americanos/ingleses tambem os cometem) :007: so nao percebe quem nao quiser ;)

Back